Morbidly Obese 2 Weeks Post Hysterectomy: Questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Morbidly Obese 2 Weeks Post Hysterectomy: Questions Morbidly Obese 2 Weeks Post Hysterectomy: Questions

Unread 01-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Morbidly Obese 2 Weeks Post Hysterectomy: Questions

Love to hear any stories or healing tips of heavy women but all are welcome of course...

I'm just now having the nerve to join in here, sorry for the lag...

Groggy after surgery but surgeon told me and my family it went well... Risk of vision loss was prime concern and I had no complications. They only let me stay in hospital one night, moving me from ambulatory to a room where i slept well when allowed.

Now I've been back at work two days after sleeping at home two weeks. Still ouchy but yesterday the doc says i look good.

I believe intimidation prevents me from asking the right questions- that is, my own hesitance, not that the doctor is stopping me from asking her... when will my belly feel less like a sack of unknown feelings? Is occasional spotting a concern?

Signs, Michelle in NYC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Re: Morb. Obese NYer 2 Weeks Post Op (Lapro Hyst)

The hardest thing to wrap our brains around is just how long this recovery process takes. Gotta think of it in terms of weeks which is why most of us are still under our doctor's care for 4-8 weeks; even then we're not fully healed which takes several months more.

Spotting is normal in these early weeks. General guideline is you shouldn't be filling a pad in an hour, for that would be an emergency. The spotting may vary throughout, some Sisters notice more as their stitches start to dissolve. You can read more about Spotting vs. Bleeding.

As for the belly feeling like it does, I'm guessing you might be dealing with swelly belly along with the usual healing twinges and zingers. Fluids will gather around any inflammation site as part of the healing process. Lucky us , that's in our abdomen and often results in Swelly Belly My doctor predicted I'd notice it less after 8 weeks, and I did, though I've gone to the mat with it on a number of occasions since then. (I can even tell you what precise activities brought it on.)

Hang in there. You might not notice daily improvements, but it does get better.

Unread 01-07-2017, 04:09 AM
Re: Morb. Obese 2 Weeks Post Hysterectomy: Questions

I'm on the fluffier side and had my surgery 12/2 ... I actually just felt normal in my belly yesterday in the shower. I was all like, wow it's not hard and swelly any more. LOL

I spotted until about my 3rd week.

Rest as much as you can!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2017, 06:31 AM
Morbidly Obese 2 Weeks Post Hysterectomy: Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpawHysSis View Post
I'm on the fluffier side and had my surgery 12/2 ... I actually just felt normal in my belly yesterday in the shower. I was all like, wow it's not hard and swelly any more. LOL

I spotted until about my 3rd week.

Rest as much as you can!!!!
Thank you thank you that helps
Unread 01-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Re: Morbidly Obese 2 Weeks Post Hysterectomy: Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellmail68 View Post
Thank you thank you that helps
You're quite welcome
Unread 01-18-2017, 09:49 AM
Re: Morbidly Obese 2 Weeks Post Hysterectomy: Questions

shellmail68, I'm the little teapot -- short & stout!

I had TLH on 1/9 and have been blessed to have had very few belly issues. The first 2 - 3 days I felt kind of swollen, but once I began having regular BMs, most of that has gone away. It was a little uncomfortable wearing jeans at first, but now I feel more normal.

So far I haven't had spotting, but from reading some of these posts I wonder if it's something I should look out for. I go back to see my surgeon on 1/27, so we'll see what happens between now & then. (Post-menopause spotting/bleeding was why I had to have a hysterectomy ... I really don't want to see any more of that stuff.)

(I admit, I wouldn't have minded a little tummy tuck while I was in la-la land having this done, but I've had this blubber belly for a long time and I'm used to it now.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register