Car accident 2 weeks preop... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Car accident 2 weeks preop... Car accident 2 weeks preop...

Unread 10-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Car accident 2 weeks preop...

It's been one rough week!!

DBF and I were hit by a drunk driver last Sunday 9/24 on the interstate. It was about 1:50 pm - yes, the middle of the afternoon! We were on our way home from church. We were in the right lane doing about 60 when he came flying up from behind us, 1 lanes to our left and lost control. They estimate he was doing over 80 mph. He hit us in the left rear wheel (which broke off), we started to spin and the the truck went rolling. Witnesses say it rolled 2 times. I ended up busting my head and shoulders through the back and side windows on dbf's truck.

Got a cut on my left cheek, about 2 inches long and one on my right that goes from just under my eye, all the way across the top of my ear. Scraped nose and forhead, busted lip, inside and out (no stitches there though).

Badly bruised from the waist up. Stiff and sore, a bruised knee and a couple bumps on my head.

They took me to the trauma center down in norfolk. They took dbf to the ER at the same hospital. We were released about 10:30 sunday night. I spent the entire week at his house last week and finally got to go home last night. He took really good care of me.

I've been sleeping A LOT!! Got the stitches out of my face friday and it doesn't look too bad. Doesn't look to good either.

So, my preop w/Dr is tomorrow and hopefully surgery is still on for next week. I'm no longer nervous, I"m just anxious to get some more rest. I don't feel anywhere near ready to be back at work, but I am, tying up loose ends.

Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2006, 08:15 AM

Wow!!! What an awful thing to have to deal with on top of everything else going on in your life now. I'm so glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were...you were lucky. DBF doing ok? What happened to the nasty drunk driver that hit you? I just wanted to say that I'll be sending up an extra prayer for you and DBF....take it easy for the next couple of weeks and get some much needed rest so you'll be ready for the castle. Good luck!!!!!
Unread 10-02-2006, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterpn
Wow!!! What an awful thing to have to deal with on top of everything else going on in your life now. I'm so glad you weren't hurt any worse than you were...you were lucky. DBF doing ok? What happened to the nasty drunk driver that hit you? I just wanted to say that I'll be sending up an extra prayer for you and DBF....take it easy for the next couple of weeks and get some much needed rest so you'll be ready for the castle. Good luck!!!!!
Thank you! DBF is very sore and stiff in his neck and shoulders. he's lucky he didn't hurt his back, as he's had 3 back surgeries in the past.

The driver spent 24 hrs in jail. Don't know anything else as of yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2006, 08:42 AM

You two definitely have a guardian angel watching out for you! Keep me posted if you hear anything more about the other driver! God bless you both!
Unread 10-02-2006, 08:43 AM

Would it be ridiculous to suggest that they try moving the surgery UP, so you can recover from your injuries and your surgery at the same time? And your DBF can also be taking it easy with you?
Unread 10-02-2006, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandybee
Would it be ridiculous to suggest that they try moving the surgery UP, so you can recover from your injuries and your surgery at the same time? And your DBF can also be taking it easy with you?
Can't get it any sooner. That's ok, it's only a week and 2 days away. I'm taking things lightly now anyway.
Unread 10-02-2006, 09:04 AM

Thank goodness it wasn't worse. But what a thing to have happen. I know I have been very watchful driving, don't want anything to happen to me before my castle date which is the 19th. I know you felt terrible emotionally too. Just try to think of it as a glitch...like the computers get all the time. I KNOW you will be great after surgery and we are all here for you! Those angels will be there for you on the 11th too. They just had to let you know they were watching out for you!!
Unread 10-02-2006, 09:22 AM

Oh thank God you two weren't killed. God was watching over you. Those darn drunk drivers!!!!!

I hope your surgery can still be on so you get it over with.

Prayers lifted for you!

Hugs
Unread 10-02-2006, 09:24 AM

How awful! Glad you and dbf are doing ok. Rest as much as you can so you are set for your surgery.

Jeannine
Unread 10-02-2006, 09:50 AM

How terrible.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register