Crying at a job interview!!! Emotional wreck. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Crying at a job interview!!! Emotional wreck. Crying at a job interview!!! Emotional wreck.

Unread 05-29-2010, 02:05 PM
Crying at a job interview!!! Emotional wreck.

I am newbie. Just graduated from college earlier this month and went for a job interview this week. I have an early childhood/special educational degree. I should have been a favorite for the job I was applying for because I would be replacing the teacher I student taught with. After struggling to get through the interview, I started to cry at the end. Guess the stress of looking for job and knowing what I will face soon is emotionally making me a little crazy. I am so mad at myself for ruining the chance to get a great job. I should be considering myself lucky that don’t have to rush to get well to return to work. I know without the surgery I could never hold a full time job. Often I had to miss class because my period being too heavy.

Anyway, I am 43 and will be going to the castle for a partial abdominal hysterectomy after suffering from years of endo (lots of pain and bleeding). I trying to keep my ovaries because of a history of blood clots and cannot take hormone replacements. Recently I ended up back at the ER for bleeding. It can be so scary. The doctors stopped it with a handful of birth control pills which I am not suppose to take. Sometimes I think doctors really don’t understand what “heavy bleeding” means for women like us. (Not able to leave your home and another week just to recover from your period)

I went for my preop already. The doctor chewed me out about my weight. All I could think of was… if I didn’t feel like I was twisting in to 99% of time, I might be get back to exercising. I love to swim. I don’t need explain to ya’ll why I don’t get to swim very often.

Sorry for being so cranky. My last period should be starting soon and craving chocolate.

This is a great website. Thankful I found it. I can relate to so many of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2010, 02:37 PM
Re: Crying at a job interview!!! Emotional wreck.

Welcome !
I'm sorry you are going through all that. U'm sure that your crying at the interview didn't ruine your chance at the job. You have to stop beating yourself up for everything! You are going to go through a major proceedure that requires self love, nurturing and patience. Spend the time left doing things that make you happy, learn calming methods, and start enjoying the rest of your life. This whole thing is a wonderful chance for you to learn to put YOU in the center!

hang on there,
Unread 05-29-2010, 03:48 PM

Aww..I am sorry you are having a rough time. Sending you and no need to apologize for being cranky. You didn't sound cranky to me ...just sad and frustrated which is normal. Your emotions will be on a rollercoaster during this journey. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-29-2010, 04:31 PM

Thank so much for your support. Wish everyone the best!! I think I will keep myself busy cleaning and shopping the next week. I bought a small chest freezer, so I can stock up on easy to fix food (healthy and stuff). I also have bought lots and lots of toilet paper, paper towels, cat food, and dishwasher soap. I just can’t be stuck at home without the necessaries. I will have family and friends to help, but don’t want to have ask for everything. I even bought of couple new books to read.
Unread 05-29-2010, 05:10 PM

I'm a sped teacher. You'll get another job! There is a shortage of us so keep your chin up . I had my interview for my current job hours after being told I would need this surgery so I feel your pain.
Unread 05-29-2010, 05:19 PM

Hi Honey, just focus on getting well! I had my tah on 2/2 and it's only now that I realise how bad things were pre-op. Focus on the future and live for it!
Unread 05-29-2010, 05:33 PM

Thanks, if I would relocate it be easier to find a job. I got a call from a school district that was about 100 miles from me. It doesn't look like moving will be an option for me this summer. Couple of my classmates were also interviewing for the same job. In a few days I know that I will not be able to think about job searching. That's ok. I am thankful that I finally getting this hysterectomy. I get so tired of feeling bad.
Unread 05-29-2010, 06:30 PM

dear ssh17...my feelings go out to you! I am also a teacher and had a phone interview today for another job. I'm just ten days post op and did not feel I was all that ready for the tough questions. Usually I am ready to answer those types of interview questions but I've been in the hospital, on pain meds and on the couch watching Hoda and Kathie Lee since 5/19! I definitely needed more time to be ready for this. So, I can completely understand your situation! Just take it easy, take a deep breath and let this surgery make you a better woman! It will! Just give it some time! Thinking of you!
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:05 PM

Guess what!!!!! I was just offer the job today. I am so excited. Maybe the crying worked for me. Who knows? It's my dream job. It makes getting the hysterectomy so worth it. I can't wait to be on the recovery side and looking forward to starting my new teaching job. Thanks, ladies for your support.
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Congratulations!

You'll do great things!

Pat

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register