LSH Help for husband!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help for husband!!! Help for husband!!!

Unread 02-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Help for husband!!!

I know it's probably the hormones or whatever but I am freaking out!!! Every time my husband speaks an octane over normal I bust out crying, I feel as if he is getting impatient about my recovery and having to wait on me hand and foot. He is always how I am doing but it just seems like its outta convenience, I could say I feel like crap and hurt everywhere but it goes in one ear and out the other he don't do anything to help me, I feel like I am overdueing it and will never recover!! Is there any info I could give him to let him know what I am going thru?? Please help him before I hurt him!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Re: Help for husband!!!

You are so soon out of surgery .. And have weeks of recovery ahead of you so you have to lay down the law, have him read Mister Hystersisters on this site. And/or sit down and have a real heart to heart. He needs to understand that your insides have been ripped out (and now your heart is too). He needs to understand that although you look great on outside, you are still very much healing on the inside.
Oh and please don't hurt him... You may rip your stitches!!
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:10 PM

My husband was great for the first week...I think it was day five or 6 when he told me how exhausted he was. I am a stay at home mom of a 6 and 2 year old...that are use to having mommy all the time...this has made it a bit harder on my husband. I reminded him that if I don't take care of my self and heal...I could land another trip to the hospital and we would have to start this process all over again. If the house is a mess..ohh well..I am healing. (now if only my 2 year old could understand this whole healing process!) It looks like you had your surgery was a week after mine..and I am just starting to do some things...take it easy and rest!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2013, 07:25 PM

jenniferlynn

Check out mister Hystersisters . Both the site and the booklet are very informative

Unread 02-06-2013, 10:55 PM

Thank you ladies!!! I did do some looking around after I spilled my guts and vented a little (it did make me feel a lot better) and I did find the mister info he will be sitting down to read up on it shortly....or else!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register