Byopsies -fine but not sure about Bladder Sling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Byopsies -fine but not sure about Bladder Sling Byopsies -fine but not sure about Bladder Sling

Unread 04-13-2004, 09:25 AM
Byopsies -fine but not sure about Bladder Sling

Hi all,
I heard from my dr last night....Byopsies are fine. So we are sticking with the April 29th date.

The only think I have to debate now is....bladder sling. I bounce from being ok with getting it to not being sure. Has anyone had one? What was your expeerience with it? My dr recommends it and would prefer that I have it....but he's leaving the final say to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2004, 07:40 PM

Hi,

Glad to hear your biopsies turned out fine.

I don't have any experience with bladder sling, but wanted to respond and move this to the front of forum so someone can reply.

s
Unread 04-13-2004, 07:46 PM

((((Lonny))))

Glad to hear the bx. turned out fine and that you are able to keep your scheduled surgery date!

I do not have exp. with the bladder sling. I would like to suggest you check out our new special forum: Bladder Matters. There you will find sisters with experience with slings as well as other procedures. Here is a link to the Bladder Matters forum:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...s=&forumid=187

I hope you will be able to find the answers you are looking for and help you come to a decision. As always, if you are questioning or wanting another opinion, it is not too late to obtain a 2nd or 3rd opinion.

Best of luck in your upcoming surgery!
Hugs,
Ronda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2004, 02:12 AM

i'm 3.5 weeks p-o from having a Monarc Subfascial Hammock sling put in..its the latest and greatest in bladder sling surgery..its done vaginally and theres VERY minimal pain involved...i didnt need any pain meds afterwards at all....heres the link to the website explaining this procedure http://www.acticon.com/Monarc/
Unread 04-14-2004, 05:12 AM
Bladder sling

I don't know the name of my sling, but it was also put in vaginally. I had the bladder sling, anterior repair of the vagina, and vaginal hysterectomy all done at once.

At first things were great. Now, I'm still doing better than pre-hyst, but not as good as immediately postop-week 7 (or so).

Are you having incontinence issues? I wasn't having major issues, but had some problems. The big change is I no longer have to RUN to the bathroom every morning. I can make it to the basement toilet if I have to at leisurely rate.

I felt like there was something "meshy" inside and it hurt to lean up against a kitchen counter for awhile (several weeks), but those feelings have gone away.

One possible negative: my dr. told me I'd have a 50/50 chance of going home having to self-cath. Ask your dr about it. It does feel weird peeing at first and sometimes I could feel bladder spasms. That alone didn't keep me up at night. I had insomnia and night sweats aplenty.

Good luck!
Unread 04-15-2004, 09:26 AM

Thank You So Much Ladies!!!!

It's WONDERFUL to talk to someone that has had it done. I was concerned about whether or not I would always feel it.

I printed out the info on it and will read it in more details after work. I will check out Bladder Matters too. I am so glad to find this web site and you ladies. I would've been so confused and so scared without you.

I'm leaning (at least for the moment) on having the Sling done while they do the vaginal hysterectomy. I'm 38 and I'm afraid of the leaking getting worse as I get older. I leak when I cough, Sneeze (really bad when I sneeze....it's find the bath room NOW before it's noticable), and there better be nothing in my way - on the way to the bathroom in the morning. My husband chuckles cause my eyes open and I'm running.

Again THANK YOU !!! I am so happy to find my way here.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register