I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP! I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP!

Unread 05-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Re: I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP!

If you need to cry, cry away! I always find I feel better after a good cry! You have been so tough all along, of course it is going to hit you hard when reality sets in. I don't think they will care, you will probably get lots of hugs, which is what you need right now.
I can totally see how this happened to you and predict the same thing for me! I have been researching away, almost like living in a dream! When I get that call and start freaking out, I'll come looking for you on here to settle me down and tell me it will all be okay because you will on week 5 of recovery and you WILL be able to tell me from your own experience that it will be ok!
Hang in there! more (((hugs)))) come your way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2010, 05:52 PM

Canadianlady, you will be fine! My surgery is tomorrow morning too. This is one of those times in your life when you have to let others do things for you. Trust me, I am a Type-A personality, always busy, running around, working out, but tonight, I am going to watch some baseball, maybe a movie on TV and go to sleep. Try to relax and do not worry! I will be with you in spirit--I have to be at hospital at 7 am. Both of our surgeries will go without incident. See you on the post-op page!
Unread 05-24-2010, 06:18 PM

Canadianlady and yhoward,
My thoughts and good wishes are following you both to the "castle" tomorrow. I know it's hard to leave things "unfinished" because I am also very Type-A. Try to relax and spend time with those you love. In a couple of weeks I will be in your position-panicking about all the things I need to finish before I go to the castle. Keep us posted. I can't wait to hear how wonderful life is on the other side. Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2010, 06:20 PM

I can’t believe I posted that. I am so sorry to have put all of you through this. I sure didn’t feel too sane for a while there!!!!

I took an Ativan, had a big cry and had a good suck it up talk to myself. Now, I think I’m ready to be a “big girl” again. I guess I better pack my little bag for the castle.
Thank you all so much. Your hugs and support are felt.
I thank you all for responding. BTW, that Ativan really works.

You have all been terrific and for those of you following, yes, I will do my best to be there if the panic strikes.

For those of you who are already on the other side, I will see you there.

And for those having surgery tomorrow (and the rest of the week), I’ll see you on the Recovery Thread as soon as possible.

I cannot thank you all enough for your support and am so thankful you were there when I needed you. This has been such a long journey and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (better not be an oncoming train!!!).

Big hugs to all of you,
Suzanne
Unread 05-24-2010, 06:33 PM

Suzanne,
I am glad that you posted and that all the sisters were able to help, isn't that what this board is all about?
I think it's easier here because the ladies know exactly how you feel because we all share a common bond!

So glad you are feeling better!

Good luck to both you and yhoward tomorrow!!

I am so jealous, wish it was me!!
Unread 05-24-2010, 06:57 PM

I think that you need to go to a quiet place and start doing slow breathing and try to slowly relax every muscle in your body,. Don't think of anything while you are doing this.Concentrate on your breathing and on relaxing each muscle one at a time. If a thought intrudes, just say not now and go back to focusing on your body one muscle at a time. It will help. You will be fine and everything will be ok. I know it is sudden but it will be ok. If you have any soft music to listen to try it. It really helps. I can tell you I freaked out the night before but it turned out fine. So try to do the relaxation techniques and see if it helps. the other alternative is to do physical activity and keep yourself busy. But remember, BREATHE SLOWLY. It will help. Sending hugs.
Unread 05-24-2010, 07:22 PM

For once, you have a perfect excuse for the house being a disaster...milk it for all it is worth. Leave it for when people ask what they can do to help you. Nothing is as important as your health which includes your mental health. Relax, it is better that you personally be prepared then your home. Good luck. Hugs!
Unread 05-24-2010, 07:38 PM

For Canadianlady, yhoward and all my sisters scheduled for tomorrow, I wish you well and hope for a speedy recovery. Remember, tomorrow is just a better today.
Be blessed and be well
Unread 05-24-2010, 07:53 PM

you will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight and in the morning. I am having my surgery on Wed 26th. had my pre op today and i am going to work tomorrow. I had figured it would help keep my mind off things but now im not so sure.

You will do great!! No worries!! You will feel like a new woman very soon!!
Unread 05-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP!

Try not to panic. I know u are afraid but all you can do right now is trust in god and everything will be okay.i too am having surgery soon,pre op is scheduled tmrw. I will keep you in my prayers and ask that u do the same. We are going to get thru this!!!! Keep me posted
  Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianlady View Post
i just got the call!!!

I have to be there at 6:00 (have to leave home by 4 a.m.).

Surgery is at 8 and he has booked 2 hours and 20 minutes for the surgery.

This is suddenly sooooooooo real!!!

I had just taken down my kitchen curtains and washed them. I have to iron them, have 2 more loads of laundry, have to vac my room, dust and tidy and make my “downstairs bed”, scrub floors, etc. Etc.

There is not enough time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called dh at dd's house and got told not to worry -- they will come back around 8.

And i just started crying my eyes out and i am scared.
Suzanne

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register