I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP! - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP! I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP!

Unread 05-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Re: I think it is time to panic!!!!! HELP!

I know what you're going through, Suzanne. Although my surgery is next week, I am in a state of panic already. On the weekend I went shopping for post-surgery supplies and the reality hit me right there in the middle of Zellers. Talk about anxiety - I wanted to turn around and run out of there as fast as I could rather than face the reality that I was actually having a hysterectomy. Where we differ it that this is not unlike me.

You have a lot of Sisters rooting for you, Suzanne. Keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2010, 09:00 PM

canadianlady -

Remember dust bunnies are your friend. The curtains will be there as will the floors clean or not.

You have to try to calm down and relx as you head to your surgery.

G.
Unread 05-24-2010, 09:30 PM

Hi Suzanne! I was glad to see that things eventually calmed down for you. I have probobly missed you for tonight (I think you are three hours later than me) but if you get this before you leave, know that I'm thinking of you and pulling for you tomorrow! Tomorrow will be a blur and all of a sudden you'll be in post op! I will watch for you in the post-op threa for this week, and I can't wait to hear how it all goes!

Go Suzanne, go! Here's to a happier, healthier life! I wouldn't say this in the workplace but I know it means something here: "HAVE A GREAT SURGERY!"

Wishing everyone else who's up this week an excellent surgery and recovery as well!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-24-2010, 10:15 PM

I would think it to be better to cry now and get it all out than to be emotional afterward...am I right? I wouldn't know, mine is scheduled for this Thurs. and I haven't cried since I found out I needed one. But I'm thinking if I can have a good cryfest and get it out now, it might be helpful-not to mention right now it doesn't physically hurt to cry, I'm thinking it just might afterwards though! I sure hope I don't freak out, b/c like you, I have so much to get ready before my surgery that I don't know where all the time is supposed to come from. And I've been planning and doing for weeks now, but unfortunately now matter how much notice you get, there's always something that's going to need getting done-the house just doesn't stay clean all by itself! I think I'm more worried about the mess that's going to become of my house while I'm recovering and not able to clean, after I've put forth all this work to make it "ready"!!! I guess sometimes, we just have to let go, and let God. And let others take our loads and carry them for us when we can't. I've had 2 other surgeries before this but this one is just such a "big deal" for me. Maybe the best thing to do would be to focus most of that energy on the room you're going to be spending most of your time in so that at least you can look around you and know that it's clean, while the rest of the house may not be! lol Tomorrow, that's what I'm goin to do anyways. Well good luck and keep us posted as to how it all turns out! Best wishes!
Unread 05-24-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianlady View Post
I can’t believe I posted that. I am so sorry to have put all of you through this. I sure didn’t feel too sane for a while there!!!!
Don't feel that way! It's a perfectly normal reaction. We're stressed over a HUGE event in our lives, and suddenly it feels like our world is exploding.
Like so many have said, it seems to be something many of us think we've accepted... but reality and thoughts aren't always the same. It's natural to feel blindsided and overwhelmed.
Like I said, I expect to be a ranting, crazy person on June 10th. I am not a crier, but I expect to be that day. and that's OK. Just like it's OK for you to feel whatever you were. Good luck tomorrow. Sleep well.
Unread 05-29-2010, 05:27 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am home and the surgery went well.

They didn't boot me out on Wed morning by 7:00 as intended (that was one of the last things they reminded me in pre op was that my drive had to be there by 6:45 in the morning).
I surprised them all by overstaying my welcome until Thurs afternoon
Thanks to you all for your support and encouragement!
Hugs,
Suzanne
Unread 05-29-2010, 05:44 PM

Hi Suzanne, I'm so glad to hear that your surgery went well. I've been thinking of you and wondering how you're doing. I'm glad - and amazed - that the hospital allowed you to overstay your welcome.

My surgery is coming up on Tuesday. At the moment I feel like a marathon runner who finally sees the finish line and is bracing for it. I'm waiting for the panic to hit. Anyway, I always enjoy reading your postings. Thanks for keeping in touch. Have a speedy recovery!!!
Unread 05-29-2010, 06:12 PM

So glad to hear your surgery went well Suzanne. I was told my doctor I was going to have a total laproscopic hysterectomy with vaginal assist. I feel somewhat better about the surgery I'm just afraid to have to go thru this. I have been bleeding so much this week i feel soooooo weak. Im praying my blood count isnt low...i do not want a blood transfusion. Has anyone had this particular procedure done?
Unread 05-29-2010, 06:14 PM

Glad to hear all went well Suzanne! I was watching for you to surface on the post op board so am glad you posted here as well so we could reply!
Best wishes for your recovery, remember to pamper the princess!!!
Unread 05-29-2010, 06:37 PM

Yay! Congrats on a successful surgery! Make sure you take good care of yourself as you only get once chance to heal properly.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register