Scheduled LAVH Nervous wreck! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nervous wreck! Nervous wreck!

Unread 05-31-2010, 08:41 AM
Nervous wreck!

Im a wreck. I was excited to get it done and be over with. today is my bowel prep and it just hit me that im almost there. so now ive got the jitters big time. Im very needle phobic!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2010, 09:19 AM
Re: Nervous wreck!

The only needle you should have is when they start the IV. You should try to drink all the clear liquids you can up until your cut off point, it will keep you hydrated which makes it easier for them to find your veins.

(If you are having daVinci - you will need an IV in each hand. Not trying to scare you, just wish I had known ahead of time so I knew what was coming).

You will do great!!
Unread 05-31-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marleemagoo View Post
The only needle you should have is when they start the IV. You should try to drink all the clear liquids you can up until your cut off point, it will keep you hydrated which makes it easier for them to find your veins. (If you are having daVinci - you will need an IV in each hand. Not trying to scare you, just wish I had known ahead of time so I knew what was coming). You will do great!!
thank you! im not getting any support from my bf. hes crabbing bout everything. i know hes worried but its coming out wrong. i jvst want to cry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2010, 10:02 AM

Hi I am 4 months post op, and doing great. I hate needles to. I had the IV needle which only stayed in until the next day. I was getting morhine shots in the leg after that, for only one day. I then asked for the pain killer suppository.Sory can't remember the name. But it worked. I had a a TAH. Total Abdominal Hysterectomy. Not overly pleasant to have but bareable.

Best of luck. Keep hydrated, try and drink lots of water,it will as one of the sister's said keep your veins visable
Unread 05-31-2010, 04:46 PM

Hang in there! Your big day is tomorrow and there is light at the end of your tunnel.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Take care.
Unread 05-31-2010, 05:44 PM

I had to have 2 IV's and they started the 2nd after i was under per my MD's request. The first IV the nurse did infiltrated my vein because I was dehydrated so yes drink up. You actually wont remember a thing lol! If Versed isnt part of the plan, ask for it! They will give it to you after you see anesthestia, your doc and answer your questions for the nurses. I was a nervous wreck too and really it wasnt that bad. I took a long 4 hour nap and when i woke up in recovery started asking for my dh immediately so they moved me to my room, my doc had them bring me out of anesthesia slow too, over an hour span, that also helps You'll be fine! Trust me!!
Unread 05-31-2010, 08:06 PM

Best wishes for a textbook surgery and a quick recovery.
Unread 05-31-2010, 08:13 PM

It is very common to be nervous before your surgery. I was. I am here to tell you that it can all go just fine. Wishing you the best.
Unread 05-31-2010, 08:55 PM

Oh my surgery is tomorrow morning too and I completely understand how you feel. I'm very nervous for tomorrow and the recovery that will follow.
Unread 05-31-2010, 09:34 PM

I hope you are starting to be more calm. Don't worry about the IV. Once it is in the hardest part is over! And it should only take a few seconds to get it in. I pray for you to have peace and also for your bf to be more kind and loving.

1 Cor 13:13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register