Endometrial Biopsy? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometrial Biopsy? Endometrial Biopsy?

Unread 06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Endometrial Biopsy?

My surgery is scheduled for June 18th and my doctor hasn't said anything about needing an Endometrial Biopsy. Is that normal to not have to have one before surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Re: Endometrial Biopsy?

Scooter -

If your Dr. isn't concerned about cancer or pre-cancer they may not order an endometrial biopsy. That procedure isn't a standard pre-op practice.

G.
Unread 06-01-2010, 06:30 PM

Hi! My Dr. is a GYN Oncologist so he did the endometrial biopsy just to absolutely rule out everything that might be causing my heavy bleeding. I rarely had bleeding outside my 8 day "period" week, and I know that is a good sign & the biopsy came back negative which was nice to know. I'm fairly new to this whole hysterectomy thing so I don't know if it's normal to have the procedure or not. Wish you the best for your surgery on the 18th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2010, 07:03 PM

My Dr. is a GYN Oncologist as well. I always have bleeding in between periods so I am surprised he isn't going to to the test. My other Gyn who was going to do my surgery said the biopsy had to be done at least a week before the hysterectomy. I am a nervous wreck. Can't wait to get this done and over with.
Unread 06-01-2010, 07:15 PM

Scooter -

Your gyn-onc may not feel that it will cause a difference in their approach to your surgery.

If you are wondering ask your Dr. to put your mind at ease.

Also don't forget to put your surgery date in your profile. This will enable you to post in the post-op forum once you get past your surgery.

G.
Unread 06-02-2010, 12:22 AM

yes i had a endometrial biopsy done 3 weeks ago how long after that do most people have surgery...
Unread 06-02-2010, 02:22 PM

I had the endometrial biopsy this past week & am awaiting results & weighing my options for surgery that I'm sure will be scheduled soon.
Unread 06-03-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter1972 View Post
My surgery is scheduled for June 18th and my doctor hasn't said anything about needing an Endometrial Biopsy. Is that normal to not have to have one before surgery?
I had one done and it was VERY painful. You might want to ask if you can take some tylenol or something for the pain before you go in. There is alot of pressure to the lower abdomen & inside your 'hoo ha'. After it was over (it may take up to 10 minutes) I immediately broke out in a sweat then fainted. I may NOT be the 'norm' though. Hope all goes well for you. Do some research on it. A Google search bring up alot! [/size]
Unread 06-03-2010, 03:27 PM

I had one at my first appt with my gyn. I didn't feel anything at all but did have cramps about 2 hours later. Was glad to be able to get home and lay down. Maybe it depends on where in your cycle you are, I was a few days before my period if that makes any difference. I have never heard the results, so assuming that means there were fine.
Unread 06-03-2010, 04:03 PM

My Dr. said I'd be calling him "bad names" for a while. I cramped for about 90 min. or so and spotted just for maybe a couple hours - only one pad so it wasn't bad. My Dr. - to make me feel better - told me that male GYNs come back in their next lives as women -- LOL!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register