STRANGE BULGE ON INCESION SITE! WEEKS POST OPHelp! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

STRANGE BULGE ON INCESION SITE!  WEEKS POST OPHelp! STRANGE BULGE ON INCESION SITE! WEEKS POST OPHelp!

Unread 07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
STRANGE BULGE ON INCESION SITE! WEEKS POST OPHelp!

I am 5 weeks post op from a full abdominal hysterectomy. I was cut across my lower belly like bikini cut. I have had some unexplained fever issues, that my doctor is aware of. But woke today feeling GREAT!!!! Only to be freaked out now! I jumped in the the shower and ran my hand across my incision and notice a bulge on the incision site. It really is pokes out, NOT SWELLING. Its about the size of a quarter around and it noticeable when you look at it. At first site I thought the incision had broken open and my insides where coming out. My daughter said OMG MOM WHAT IS THAT!!?? Its mushy and soft. I see my doctor tomorrow, but should I call today. What is this thing??? Can some PLEASE shed some light??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Re: STRANGE BULGE ON INCESION SITE! WEEKS POST OPHelp!

it could just be the inturnal disolvabe stitches tryin to disolve , I hope thats all it is ... good luck
Unread 07-21-2010, 02:12 PM

weird....is it red? Warm? are you running a fever?....if not, you are probably ok....though, it never hurts to check in with the doctor just to be sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2010, 02:20 PM

if it's not oozing or you are not running a fever, I would wait until I see the Dr tomorrow. It's probably just the insides healing.
Unread 07-21-2010, 05:00 PM

I run a fever if i do ANYTHING ACTIVE!! If i was the dishes I spike, if I walk downstairs I spike, if I leave the house and run errands it get really high...but then I sit and slowly comes back down, doctor is aware, because I have temp every time I see because I get out and moving...No oozing, and is warm to touch, but thats entire area. I did call doctor to be told that he was not in or on call today, and that I needed to go to ER because it might be abscessing...I do not agree with this. I think it is not smart to allow a doctor who doesn't know me, my condition, to poke and prod on me. If my temp continues to rise I of course will be forced to go. It is around 100.3 now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register