TLH 5days post op going nuts already! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5days post op going nuts already! 5days post op going nuts already!

Unread 01-13-2013, 06:07 PM
5days post op going nuts already!

Ok so today is five days post op!! I am not likeing this not doing any thing!! I am the stay at home mom/girlfriend and I am used to doing everything, cooking cleaning etc. I hate sitting around. I will go so makes me wanna get up and I know I can't/shouldn't . I have my kindle, computer and tv near by. I really don't have friends (ones we talk all time, hang out etc) so that does not help. And as of tomorrow the wonderful boyfriend has to go back to work (6 days a week), so will be just me and 8 year old son home. I am not a crafty person so I need ideas how to cope for 2 plus weeks (as doc said I possible could get back to lite duty house work at 3 weeks post op). Thanks sisters for helping, its been wonderful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Re: 5days post op going nuts already!

Not doing anything is no fun. Are you cleared to go for walks? That helped me. DH and I have gone to the movies twice. The first time was only 8 days from the surgery. And if you want to learn another language, now is a good time. I'm burning up the Rosetta Stone. I've also watched every episode of two TV series, paid all my bills, organized my files twice, and caught up on all my paperwork and email. Oh yeah, and I've learned how to sleep for recreation
Unread 01-13-2013, 06:29 PM

Sorry on phone had tvh not tlh. I was told walk as I can handle. I have gone out side wto be with my pets (ducks and chickens lol). I feel worn out just walking/sitting around for 30 mins doing that. I will have to try going through all our papers lol. But that will only last so long haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-13-2013, 06:49 PM

If you can't bear one more minute of TV and have run out of books that hold interest, pick a subject you always wanted to know more about- a person, a historical event or era, a religion or philosophy, anything, really- and use this down time to read about it from the web.

Get on YouTube and look up TV shows and music you loved as a kid to share with the kiddo

Gather up the stuff you've been meaning to mend for the last two years.

Clean out your medicine cabinet and get rid of the out of date meds and bandaids that are yellowing at the edges.

Go through your makeup and get rid of all the stuff that seemed like a good idea at the store that actually makes you look like a zombie or a ..uhm.. lady of the evening. Toss all the dried up tubes of mascera while you're at it.

Give yourself a facial.

Deep condition your hair.

Do jigsaw puzzles.

Find a game you like online (I'm addicted to Mah Jong Dark Dimensions).
Find some games online that you can play with the kiddo

Play solitaire.
Play crazy 8s with the kiddo

Write letters- you'll make someone's day if you let them find an actual, handwritten, personal letter among their bills.

Organize your photo albums.

Call someone you haven't talked to in a while to get caught up.

Take on-line quizzes

Look up stuff on your local community calenders to plan for spring and summer outings.

Break out the crayons and paper

(Yes, I AM the queen of the land of killing time)
Unread 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM
5days post op going nuts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliaDeLyon View Post
If you can't bear one more minute of TV and have run out of books that hold interest, pick a subject you always wanted to know more about- a person, a historical event or era, a religion or philosophy, anything, really- and use this down time to read about it from the web.

Get on YouTube and look up TV shows and music you loved as a kid to share with the kiddo

Gather up the stuff you've been meaning to mend for the last two years.

Clean out your medicine cabinet and get rid of the out of date meds and bandaids that are yellowing at the edges.

Go through your makeup and get rid of all the stuff that seemed like a good idea at the store that actually makes you look like a zombie or a ..uhm.. lady of the evening. Toss all the dried up tubes of mascera while you're at it.

Give yourself a facial.

Deep condition your hair.

Do jigsaw puzzles.

Find a game you like online (I'm addicted to Mah Jong Dark Dimensions).
Find some games online that you can play with the kiddo

Play solitaire.
Play crazy 8s with the kiddo

Write letters- you'll make someone's day if you let them find an actual, handwritten, personal letter among their bills.

Organize your photo albums.

Call someone you haven't talked to in a while to get caught up.

Take on-line quizzes

Look up stuff on your local community calenders to plan for spring and summer outings.

Break out the crayons and paper

(Yes, I AM the queen of the land of killing time)
Thanks, love the ideas. Going to have hunny get me a coloring book haha. And have a few people I can write to. And yes I think will look things up for my son to learn about (as he is homeschoooled)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register