Scheduled LAVH Surgery 2/10: bikini wax in preparation for your hysterectomy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery 2/10: bikini wax in preparation for your hysterectomy? Surgery 2/10: bikini wax in preparation for your hysterectomy?

Unread 01-31-2015, 11:32 AM
Surgery 2/10: bikini wax in preparation for your hysterectomy?

I hope you don't mind me asking but I am wondering if you had some kind of 'bikini wax' in preparation for your hysterectomy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2015, 11:35 AM
Re: Personal question re prep

Nope -- they generally prefer that you don't wax or shave beforehand. And don't worry about asking personal questions. The whole forum is devoted to the Female Downstairs, so we sort of live in TMI-land here. :-)
Unread 01-31-2015, 11:37 AM

You should check with your doctor about whether this is ok and how far in advance you should have it done. Some doctors don't even want you to shave yourself beforehand. Also, remember that you're going to have several weeks post-op of no intercourse so all that landscaping may go to waste, lol. Just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2015, 11:51 AM

I agree with these ladies. In my experience doctors don't want you to shave or wax. I usually stop shaving 3 days prior. My doctor told me you run a risk of infection, if you knick yourself or if the waxing makes you bleed or an ingrown hair, all of it can lead to greater problems. If ask your doctors office if you can wax and how far in advance it should be.
Unread 02-07-2015, 05:36 PM

My doctor never mentioned it, but after getting there the pre-op "girls" asked if it was ok to shave me. Being the comical person I am I said, I prefer to be styled! They just busted out laughing. They spent a great while spiffin me up! LOL laughed all the way out the door!!!
Unread 02-07-2015, 05:44 PM

It's definitely all doctor preference. I was told not to shave anything above the knees to beneath the breasts for 4 days before surgery. When I awoke, I was still unshorn. However, the best thing to do is just call and ask your doctor what her/his restrictions are on shaving.
Unread 02-07-2015, 05:55 PM
Surgery 2/10: bikini wax in preparation for your hysterectomy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlb70 View Post
I hope you don't mind me asking but I am wondering if you had some kind of 'bikini wax' in preparation for your hysterectomy?
My doc didn't care, so I treated myself to a shellac manicure, pedicure, brow and bikini wax so I would feel "well groomed" for at least a couple weeks post-op. I didn't remove it all - just most. They didn't touch the rest during my robot-assisted laproscopic hyst. By about 3-1/2 wks post op, I needed another "grooming," but didn't feel quite up to going in for a waxing, so I did a very careful shave clean-up LOL. Now, at 5-1/2 weeks, I'd be comfortable having it waxed again. I just love that clean smooth feeling, regardless of who is seeing it.

And yes - check with your doc, because I have heard some even have an issue with nail polish! Again, my surgical team did not. Even with the gel.

Best wishes!! Enjoy some pre-op pampering regardless of what it includes!
Unread 02-07-2015, 07:02 PM

I went for a full Brazilian the day before and shaved my legs the morning of.
Unread 02-07-2015, 08:21 PM

My doctor doesn't care if I shave before; I'm having a TAH. I plan to shave the morning on the day before surgery, before I start my bowel prep! Good times.
Unread 02-07-2015, 10:31 PM

My instructions were very specific that no public or abdominal waxing/shaving was to happen after the pre-op and that nurses would do any necessary grooming before surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register