Newbee Post-Op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbee Post-Op Newbee Post-Op

Unread 01-27-2007, 04:45 PM
Newbee Post-Op

Greetings,

I had my LASH this past Tuesday, was released the next day and have now been recovering at home for four days. I am delighted to report that I awoke from surgery sans nausea, was well cared for by the nurses and my doctors checked on me both days. I could not have asked for a more "delightful" hospital experience.

I took Percocet the first two days, switched to ibruprofen yesterday and have not felt the need for any pain killers today. My only complaints are the "swelly belly" and difficult breathing and fatigue. I have asthma and have had to take my Albuteral more often than normal. I have not passed much gas as and have not had a bm as of yet. I plan to call my doctor Monday to find out how long to expect this kind of discomfort.

I have felt exptremely tired. Friends and family have been wonderful sending me flowers and dropping off food. I have not felt like talking on the phone but did have a dear friend visit today. It was wonderful to see her but I was exhausted after she left. Will plan to follow up with thank you phone calls and notes when I have more energy.

Fatigue, swelly belly and diffulty breathing seem minor in comparison to the pain so many feel post-op. I am grateful not be in much pain at all (no, I do not have a high tolerance)...most likely due to the type of surgery I had.I feel well enough to sweep the kitchen floor (I have a low tolerance for dirt) and have to force myself to let certain household chores go.

I do have a question. What does DH mean? I am pretty certain that the H stands for husband but was does the D mean..."Dear", "Designated" ????

Best wishes to all for a speedy recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Newbee Post-Op

It mean Dear Husband. If you go to quick links there is a link to all the abv's....Please get as much rest as possible!
Unread 01-31-2007, 06:10 PM
Many thanks!

Dear Dawniebeth,

Thank you for your reply. I very much appreciate your advice about rest. I was feeling so great until this past Monday when I started to experience some sharp ab. pain and shortness of breath. My doc recommended that I go back to the ER. Four and half hours and many tests later it was determined that I had probably over-done it. I was instructed to go back on the pain meds and to take it easy. I have followed the instructions and am feeling much better. I did not realize how much trauma my insides had experienced and that I really did need to simply rest.

Thank you again and best wishes to you.

xoxoxo

Traderfme

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register