TAH Lots of questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lots of questions Lots of questions

Unread 07-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Lots of questions

I had my surgery on june 27. I still have sboulder pain from gas. Is that typical? Tonight I noticed for the first time a thick, brownish discharge. My periods were very regular but lasted almost two weeks and would run down my legs. This discharge looks like the beginning of my period. I thought those days were done. I have my cervix and ovaries. I have heard that you can have mini periods with a cervic. Has this
Happenned to any of you? Today is exactly 28 days since the start the of my last period. Ugggh. I am not thrilled of the prospect.

Btw I feel pretty good but still sore.
My external stitches were glue. I took a shower the next day. On the 9th day I got in my pool. I read lots of forums tonight about no bath. What???? I was told nothing about that after surgery. Now I am concerned. Did i do something wrong? Any insight would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Re: Lots of questions

I have not experienced this myself, but if you look through this site your sure to find your answers. I have read other ladies talking about similar problems to this.
Good luck and sorry I can't be of any real help.
Unread 07-12-2012, 08:52 AM

I had a TAH and my bikini line incision was glued.

I was instructed not to have a bath or anything inside for 6 weeks. I was also told to shower with my back to the shower head and not to let the water beat down on my incision.

I didn't have any gas pains in my shoulders as I don't think they used it for my surgery.

Yes, some women do have mini periods if they keep their cervix. I had everything removed except my left ovary, so I haven't had any type of bleeding so far. I'm 7 weeks post-op.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM

Everyone is different. My Dr allowed swimming at two weeks. If you kept your cervix this is probably a mini period and it looks brown bc of the dead blood from surgery. Unless you have new pain or fever or bad smells I wouldn't worry.
Unread 07-12-2012, 04:14 PM

I had same kind of procedure, and had some discharge at 10 days for a couple of days, then it stopped. This was about a week before I would have had my period. I'm hoping the discharge was just the internal stitches dissolving, I've heard other people report that. If it was a mini period, it was so minor it was an annoyance, not a problem. I guess I'll know for sure in a couple more weeks.

My Dr said swimming would be okay at the 10 day mark. You'll want to ask your Dr to be sure what's right for you.
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:11 AM

Thanks everyone. To be on the safe side, I did not get in the pool anymore. I have three tiny incisions and they look great so far. My husband said the doc said that I was waterproof so I got in our pool when it was 100 plus outside. I will refrain until my dr appointment next week.

The brown discharge was only once. I then experienced some very watery and very light pink discharge. I only saw it when I went to the bathroom. It lasted for 2 days, then back to a watery brown. No pain just annoying. I always bled so heavily and for so long that I wouldn't be surprised if I do have mini periods.
I plan to discuss this with the dr next week. I will keep you posted.
Ladies I apologize for any typos. My laptop is on the fritz and I am typing on a smart phone. Atleast I have that. Btw I feel good and more like myself each day. This is week three for me.
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Lots of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorator44 View Post
Everyone is different. My Dr allowed swimming at two weeks. If you kept your cervix this is probably a mini period and it looks brown bc of the dead blood from surgery. Unless you have new pain or fever or bad smells I wouldn't worry.
No pain or fever....just inconvenient. Just my luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register