3 weeks post hysterectomy. Is it normal to b so sore? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy. Is it normal to b so sore? 3 weeks post hysterectomy. Is it normal to b so sore?

Unread 07-22-2015, 11:46 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy. Is it normal to b so sore?

Sorry I don't know own the abbreviations. I had an abominal hysterectomy on July 3rd (Fri). I had a lot of scar tissue and cysts so they took everything. I'm in a patch for hormones. I felt better after 2 weeks and started driving and doing more over this past weekend. It's now We'd night and i have felt bad since Monday. Can't sleep much at night, still very sore again, and getting get depressed over the soreness and swollen belly. I had no complications... shouldn't I be better? Or is this normal? I felt better but now just want to lay around to avoid hurting.... I don't want anything brushing against my stomach and still can't wear my regular clothes I wore before sugery. I return to work in a little over 3 weeks and worried I will have to buy clothes to wear. Hurts to walk so don't want to walk on treadmill. Am I just being wimpy? I read about some great recovery here and wonder if I need to make myself do better. I normally have a high tolerance for pain... but not this time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2015, 12:06 AM
Re: 3 weeks post op. Is it normal to b so sore?

Sweet Sister! I'm on week 6 after TAH. I hurt all the way up to week 5. I'm still sore approaching week 7. Just started wearing jeans again this week. Yoga pants were my uniform the first 5 weeks. When I am home I am still wearing lose undies and s tank top. You have to realize that abdominal hysterectomies take longer to recover from. Honestly I think weeks 3 and 4 are the worst because you get frustrated. Feels like two steps forward and one back. But it gets better. I promise. Just rest. With TAH, you are looking at 6 to 8 weeks recovery. Like I said I am still sore. Tomorrow is week 7. Don't push yourself. Rest rest rest. Hugs! 💞
Unread 07-23-2015, 12:21 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy. Is it normal to b so sore?

I had TAH/BSO June 10, so I'm at 6 wks, just started feeling normal this week. Weeks 4 and 5 felt crampy like alot of internal stuff going on. It will get better, but takes time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register