2 wks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 wks post-op 2 wks post-op

Unread 06-30-2003, 12:14 PM
2 wks post-op

Hi all LIW!

Today I'm 2 weeks post-op (TVH w/BSO) and feeling pretty good. Bleeding has stopped (was very light and thin pads sufficient) and now the stitches are disolving. The first week home I was sore, the second week I could really feel the internal incisions. Uncomfortable to sit for long periods. Definitely could not sit on a hard chair. But that is different today at exactly 2 weeks. I can sit at the computer a bit longer now - padded chair though. Stitches were itchy for 4-5 days - some perineal stitching done. Itchy seems to be tapering off now.

Pain has been minimal - taking 800 mg of motrin since I came home from 2 day castle stay. The swelly belly has diminished, but am still thankful I bought oversized panties and nightgowns. So, when you're out shopping, getting your stuff for recovery, don't forget comfortable and loose clothing! Yesterday I wanted to go back to church, and was able to get into my baggier pants. But it was nice to come home and get back in the baggy pj's! Wear your nighties/pj's as much as you feel like - it helps to remind you and your family that you're still recovering.

Even though I'm feeling good, I get tired quickly. So, I'm listening to my body and resting when I'm tired. They say you only have one chance to heal - yep - this is it. I did go to the grocery store with my DH yesterday. I couldn't push the cart - especially around an aisle. I only read the list - DH did everything else. Came home and he put 99% of it away. I spent the rest of the day on the recliner x-stitching and watching 2 movies. Even took a snooze.

I'm tired today, and look it. Church and the grocery store were a bit too much for one day. Difficult when your mind is saying you can do it, but your body says - nope.

We've been fortunate that our church family has been providing meals for the last week. I'm not sure that I could have done dinner at the end of the day. That's when I seem to be at my lowest energy level. So, if someone offers you a meal - take it thankfully!

Hang in there all you LIW... You will be a princess in no time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2003, 12:43 PM
thank you

This is just what I need to hear today. I am feeling so miserable and am so ready for surgery (7/22) and at the same time I have fears of not being able to keep my right ovary, things not getting better, dealing with swelly belly for months, etc. Overall I am glad I am going to do this, but I am SO tired of looking like I am pregnant and hope I won't have swelly belly for months. And I also hope I won't be in surgical menopause when I wake up.

I am glad you are feeling so good and thanks again for posting.

Hugs,
Kristina
Unread 06-30-2003, 01:25 PM
2 wks post-op

Kristina,

Sorry to hear you're so uncomfortable.

I'm 47, already in menopause & on HRT before surgery. The doc took both ovaries and uterus (I had a uterine prolapse). I am sure we will have to adjust the hormones, but right now I feel emotionally sound. My ovaries weren't doing much before surgery, so I didn't freak out when she said she wanted to take them. I was taking hrt in pill form, but one month before surgery, this new doc switched me to the patch, 1/2 the dosage, and so far I feel fine. No hot flashes, and I had them really bad without HRT. There's soooooo much controversy about HRT, but our options are better than they were even 10 years ago.

Hang in there... waiting is the most difficult.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2003, 01:36 PM
2 weeks post opp

Hi 2kitties,

I am always so encouraged to hear how well a princess does at the castle, so glad you are feeling good and please do take it slow!!!

We LIW often get rather nervous about our pending surgeries and we really need a good pep talk now and then!!!

Thanks so much for thinking of us and please get plenty of rest!!

Hugs....Joan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register