Due to have a hysterectomy & bladder repair. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Due to have a hysterectomy & bladder repair. Due to have a hysterectomy & bladder repair.

Unread 06-29-2003, 06:40 PM
Due to have a hysterectomy & bladder repair.

Hi Ladies,
I'm new to this site and I have to have a hysterectomy and a bladder repair.I have a prolapsed uterus and according to my GYN, it is pretty bad. to go 7/11 to have a urodynamics test.(Wondering what that is?) Then I go to the surgeon on 7/29 to schedule the surgery.I'm guessing sometime early Aug.I to am feeling nervous about it.I get thoughts of not waking up from the anesthia.(Not sure how to spell it.) I'm not sure if it will be removed vaginally or abdominally.Which way is best? I hope by reading your threads it will make me less nervous. Hope to hear from someone soon.
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2003, 10:00 PM

Linda:

Hi there and welcome to Hyster Sisters, it is the best place to be.

If the Urodynamic test is what I had done, I don't know for sure what mine was called, you see I was the guinea pig for my Dr. and colleges to learn how to use the new machine (6 of them plus the tech that was teaching them how to use it), and it was really no big deal unless you are really shy.

Mine was done like this: catheter inserted into bladder, a catheter inserted into my vagina (to measure responses), both catheters were taped to my leg, then my bladder was slowly filled with sterile saline solution, I was then told to start coughing at the beginning of the test then stop when they told me to (maybe 3 coughs) and yes I did leak a bit of urine. After more water was released I had to tell them when I was aware that my bladder was starting to fill, This is when the tech asked me to think of driving in a car and tell them when I needed to pee, then I had to tell them when there was enough pressure that I was looking for a bush (to pee behind), then I had to tell them when I couldn't wait and was stopping to go behind the bush. At each of these responses they would measure different things but I could not feel anything they were doing but the water filling up my bladder, then he told me to bear down really hard (this is the point I felt sooooo attractive!) I did what he said and showed them I wasn't lying about being stress incontinent! Then they all left the room and I got to empty my bladder but on a commode with a measuring bowl under it.

Needless to say I am getting my bladder fixed and I think I am more excited about that then the hysterectomy, yes I said excited. I am so tired of having the problems with my periods and bladder control that I can't wait for my surgery (July 15) and I am actually looking forward to it.

I hope you find the answers that you are looking for here, and please ask away, but if not talk to your Dr.

Take care
Jodi
Unread 06-30-2003, 06:41 AM

Welcome to Hysters Sisters. There are some great articles in the hints and articles section in the pull down at the top right of this page, under "More Hysters Sisters" with the little go button next to it. Scroll down to the pre op and post op sections. Also, under message boards (under the title of the title and logo for the site) you will find a Resource section for preop and post op. This also has great info to help you understand everything and to help you make some decisions. Please don't hesitate to come and ask any questions you have, especially if someting doesn't make sense to you or raises new questions. We will do our best to help you out.

Hugs,

Linda >^..^<
StampinCat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register