brand new and surgery is tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

brand new and surgery is tomorrow brand new and surgery is tomorrow

Unread 07-31-2007, 02:03 PM
brand new and surgery is tomorrow

Well, I'm one to usually lurk, but I am having surgery tomorrow and am nervous, so I'm writing to say both "hi" and "yikes" .

Thank you for being here... I have been reading all day in between appointments, and it has helped calm my nerves and given me great ideas for what to pack tonight for the hospital.

Blessings to you all,
lynniepoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 02:16 PM

Dear Lynnie,

You're getting a later start on this than most of us, so I'm really happy that you've been able to read and gain some knowledge and peace about tomorrow. I've known for awhile and that has tended to make me worry too much, I think.
What areyou having done?.....I'm having a Total Abdominal Hyst, BSO......I'm to be in the hospital til Sat or Sun. , how 'bout you?
Blessings,
rjj
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:35 PM

Lynniepoo,

Best wishes to you as you embark on this new journey! Mine had a fairy tale ending. I'm 3 1/2 months out & feel fabulous & 10 years younger! The nerves are normal & all will be fine. Good luck tomorrow!

Blessings,
Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2007, 02:38 PM

Hi and welcome and good luck tomorrow! This site was my lifeline while I waited for my surgery. I am now 12 days post op and doing great!

What type of surgery are you having?

s
Marla
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:39 PM

rjj,

Yes, better late than never though, right?! I'm having a vaginal hysterectomy and I think BSO, and also having a hernia fixed, and maybe some reconstruction to fix prolapsed stuff.

(I don't sound very knowledgeable, eh?!)

I'm not sure how long I'll be staying in the hospital... atleast overnight... but I'm assuming several nights. Are you having yours done tomorrow?

Thanks for responding,

Lynniepoo
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:45 PM

Hi Lynniepoo,

Yep...I go in early tomorrow morning. We'll leave here at 6:15 a.m. and my surgery is at 9:30 a.m. I'm supposed to be at the hospital by 7:30 a.m. I can hardly believe it's tomorrow. I just had my youngest and a daughter, get maried 3 weeks ago and I told the Dr that I would not have this done til after that. So...I had not really allowed myself to think about this til 3 weeks ago. Now, it's pretty much been consuming my mind.
Are you doing the bowel prep stuff?...I took mine at 3 p.m. and it's been over an hour and a half and...nothing...yet! hmmmm...am wondering if that's cause for concern.
Well...I need to get off now but in case we don't connect before our surgeries...pray..pray..pray....it'll be fine. That's what I'm telling myself..although I'm very scared!!! ...... God is still in control!

blessings,
rjj

p.s. I'm taking my new laptop to the 'castle' tomorrow...not sure if I'll be up to using it, but if so, I'll try and log onto this site.
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:47 PM

Sue, thanks for the support!
Marla, I'm having a vaginal hyst. to fix prolapsed uterus, plus having a hernia repaired. Congrats on being post-op! I know you must be relieved to be on the other side! I, meanwhile, am preparing after I finish up at work tonight to go home and do bowel prep! (fun fun!)

lynniepoo
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynniepoo
Well, I'm one to usually lurk, but I am having surgery tomorrow and am nervous, so I'm writing to say both "hi" and "yikes" .

Thank you for being here... I have been reading all day in between appointments, and it has helped calm my nerves and given me great ideas for what to pack tonight for the hospital.

Blessings to you all,
lynniepoo
Hi Lynniepoo,

I'm also going in tomorrow, so I'll keep you in my prayers too! I know that we all will be just fine, and in 24 hours, all of this anxiety and anticipation will be just a memory for us!

Good luck and happy healing!

Lisa
Unread 07-31-2007, 04:46 PM

Mine is tomorrow too! I've felt bad all day and it only confirms to me even more that I need to get this done! I'll be thinking of you all tomorrow.....
Unread 07-31-2007, 05:07 PM

Good luck sisters, I am only 12 days from my big day. I am really getting scared but I can see that everyone is happy with their outcome. We will all be fine. Get some rest and best of luck to a speedy recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register