dVH/RALH Hot cold hot cold???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hot cold hot cold???? Hot cold hot cold????

Unread 02-16-2013, 12:58 AM
Hot cold hot cold????

Had Da Vinci took cervix n uterus on Jan 24. I felt great week one, week two was so-so, and week three has been crappy. Tonight/morning I am wide awake, I feel like I am feverish but no fever! Hot then cold to the point of shivers! I have noticed a smell but from what I have read that seems normal. Haven't spotted since day 2. Still taking it easy with light house work, and lots of rest. I just am beginning to feel hopeless that I won't ever be back to normal again! Sorry this is so long, don't wanna worry my DH!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Re: Hot cold hot cold????

Sounds a little bit like what I went through my first week or so: hot flashes then shivering (with insomnia thrown in for good measure!). Apparently the ovaries can go into shock and much of their blood supply has been removed with the loss of the uterus and they need to re-establish a new blood supply. So as long as you don't have a fever, I would think it's pretty normal to have the hot cold hot cold thing going on. And I had the same thing with feeling good for two weeks and then worse in weeks three and four. Again, this is pretty normal from what I've read on here and it does get better. I like the word my nephew uses to describe it: it's like my body is going bonkerdoodles. And it just takes a little while for our poor bodies to sort themselves back out. Hang in there, it will get better! But of course if you're worried or it persists for a while, don't hesitate to give your doc a ring.
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:39 AM

I have had the same thing, sweaty hot then cold! I have had it a few times during the day but mostly at night with last night being the worst so far, woke up drenched then was freezing, no fever. I think it is just a part of the healing process.
So far today (it is early) I am feeling pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM

That may be your body reacting to the trauma that it has experienced and the hard work it is doing trying to heal. It should subside shortly.

Best
Unread 02-16-2013, 01:19 PM

I freeze all day,I sweat all night. It's HOT in my house right now but my body feels like i have been out in a snowstorm all day wearing a bikini.im bundled up like I'm in Alaska too.
Unread 02-16-2013, 02:29 PM

I did pretty good up until week 6 and then I felt like crap. I was extremely cold and had on gloves and insulated boot socks in my house! I took it easy this week and feel a little better. I do not plan anything, I take it day by day based on how I feel.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register