Scheduled TVH need to know what ti expect | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

need to know what ti expect need to know what ti expect

Unread 02-21-2013, 03:42 PM
need to know what ti expect

Im having a TVH And i was hoping that other sisters out there that has had the same done, can you please give me information on what the expect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Re: need to know what ti expect

No matter what surgery we all had we all experienced the gas. Lol. Best advise is to walk and talk Gasx
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:05 PM

Everyone is different. Everyone's body reacts differently, so what one person experiences doesn't mean the same will happen/won't happen to you.

I had my TVH this past Monday. Best decision I ever made. While in the hospital, I took Demerol twice and Tylenol 3 IV three times. Since leaving and coming home, I've only taken Ibuprofen. I do have script for Vicodin, but haven't used it so far. I also have a high pain tolerance, so this could be a factor.

My major complaint would be the gas pains. Not from the CO2, since none was used, but gas pains from the bowels waking up. I can feel the bubbles rumble along, and it gets pretty sharp at times, almost like a stomach virus.

One advantage to a TVH is there is no abdominal incision. This makes getting up down a bit easier. Also not as bad when you cough. I had my gall bladder out in April last year. I have 4 lap scars on my stomach. When I would cough, they would burn and feel like they were ripping apart. Also made it more difficult for me getting up out of a chair.

For me, my TVH was a much easier surgery than my laprascopic gall bladder surgery last year. I still have to watch what I do and let myself heal, it just doesn't hurt as bad to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2013, 12:24 PM

I had my TVH in July of 2011.Best decision I could have made for myself!I got my life back!As far as post-op,everyone heals different.I have to agree with the walking and gas ex.LOTS of water also helps with the gas.My pain was very minimal after my TVH,considering I was in constant pain for a few years prior.I had pain meds once after surgery and was up out of bed within a few hours.Hugs to all you ladies and good luck in your upcoming recoveries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register