Nail Polish Off? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nail Polish Off? Nail Polish Off?

Unread 11-13-2003, 09:24 AM
Nail Polish Off?

Now I'm getting to the nitty gritty, does nail polish have to come off for surgery, or can you have clear polish on?
And My dr said didn't need enema, yeah, but should I still eat lightly the day before surgery, and if so, what does that mean, or what not to eat? Thanks for everyone being there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2003, 09:39 AM
Nail Polish Off?

I would assume all. When I had mine a month or so ago I failed to remove my toenail polish and they had to remove it before going in for surgery.

I had to do the bowel prep, but I would recommend eating something light that will digest easily and rapidly! keep the gas-x and stool softener available when you get home.

Good luck
Unread 11-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Nail Polish Off?

I specifially asked and I did NOT have to worry about acrylic nails or color of polish. But since it varies among doctors....just call and ask them. They never messed with my feet and my toes were painted also....they gave me socks to wear and that was that. As far as my nails, I have pink and white acrylics that were painted and the thing they clipped to my finger wasnt phased at all. Since I asked specifically, the doctor told me if theres ever a difficulty in getting readings from your fingertip they can use your earlobe or toes. It wasnt an issue.

As far as eating light the day before your bowel prep....Id suggest something light like fruits, soups or a salad. No heavy solid foods like burgers, steaks, pizza, etc. And drink alot of fluids to flush your system. Just keep it to something that will pass through your body quickly and easily before surgery. What you dont want is something that would cause a heavy bowel movement.

Its helpful to have something like Citracel and GasX for when you get home to help start your bowel movements as easy as possible. Its also good to eat light soft foods when you get home until you are back on a >regular< bowel schedule. The GasX will help with the sputtering from your intestinal gas resuming.

Remember: The Gas in your body from the Laparascopic CO2 is NOT helped by GasX. The only thing you can do for CO2 gas is lay flat on your back....or roll to your side and have someone lightly massage your back. If you sit up it rises and causes pain and aches in your upper back, shoulders and neck and it wont discipate as quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2003, 10:07 AM
Nail Polish Off?

For me it is really going to hard to eat light the dy before considering it is Thanksgiving, and my surgery isn't until 4:00 the next afternoon.I guess I'll just do the best that I can.
Unread 11-13-2003, 10:38 AM
Nail Polish Off?

Dizzi69:

Have Thanksgiving a few days in advance and pig out. Make some turkey soup from the leftovers to eat the day before and freeze it for when you return home. Youll need to eat light before and after your surgery. You can still enjoy the holiday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register