anyone else have heavy bleeding? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone else have heavy bleeding? anyone else have heavy bleeding?

Unread 08-19-2006, 08:27 AM
anyone else have heavy bleeding?

I am so stressed. I had no bleeding in hospital and a whole week at home. I started to bleed monday (Bright red)as soon as I put a pad on it needed to be changed, everyday I stood or moved around I could feel gush of warm blood ...ugh makes me quezzy.

So I saw doc on thurs for my 2week, he did something to stop the bleeding and said it was normal, just some bleed heavier than others. But last night (fri) I started to bleed and today it is doing the same thing gush everytime I get up..... I trust doc if he says normal, he said it is not an early stitch disolved.

but I'm confused at the bright red and amount of bleeding. I thought the bleeding would be the old stuff in the pelvic so it should be more brownish.

Anyone else bleeding like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2006, 09:03 AM

If your dr. did something to stop the bleeding at your appointment I think it would be wise to call and let them know you are bleeding heavy again. I hope things get better for you soon!!!
Unread 08-19-2006, 10:13 AM

[quote=vgtigger]I am so stressed. I had no bleeding in hospital and a whole week at home. I started to bleed monday (Bright red)as soon as I put a pad on it needed to be changed, everyday I stood or moved around I could feel gush of warm blood ...ugh makes me quezzy.

So I saw doc on thurs for my 2week, he did something to stop the bleeding and said it was normal, just some bleed heavier than others. But last night (fri) I started to bleed and today it is doing the same thing gush everytime I get up..... I trust doc if he says normal, he said it is not an early stitch disolved.

but I'm confused at the bright red and amount of bleeding. I thought the bleeding would be the old stuff in the pelvic so it should be more brownish.

Anyone else bleeding like this? :

Hey You,
The Friday before last I had the same thing happen to me. Started gushing blood, went to the Dr. right away and he put silver nitrate on the incision. It stopped the bleeding for a day or so and then I would start bleedling again. I think the one thing that has helped me is everytime I start to bleed I go and lay down. The bleeding would slow down a lot. I went back to the Dr. this last Thursday and again I was bleeding, he put more silver nitrate on my incision and told me that my body is rejecting the stiches . He gave me vanginal antibiotics because there is a infecition brewing in there and told me to take it easy. Another thing that I learned was being constipated is REALLY BAD for the internal incision. I have been taking stool softners and drinking prune juice almost everyday and still got contsitpated. He said that pressure from the bowels that are laying on the incision could cause you to bleed more, and he gave me a script for a Mirlax. If you continue to bleed over the weekend I would call him and let him know what is going on. I have a question to ask you, It is way "TMI," but I need to ask! Do you have any tissue coming out down there????? Everytime he puts siver nitrate on the incision , this yucky tissue comes out.. I hope and pray that you are doing better. You need to be laying down and taking it very easy.....
God Bless,
Tara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2006, 10:17 AM

I had almost no bleeding. How can he think this is nomal. I firmly beleave that some Dr' just do not listen to what we are telling them.
Unread 08-19-2006, 10:36 AM

I would think bright red blood like "carrie" (remember the movie?) is not "normal" unless there is a stitch disolved to early or a tear, but He says "normal" I really do love him and trust him I have an appt mon so hopefully he will stop the bleeding.
Unread 08-19-2006, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Tata,
I am having vaginal bleeding. Luckily I my 12"incision is healing nicely although had lot of weeping for a week or so.

whatever he did to stop the bleeding, after when I would wipe there were these silver/grey looking speckles.... is this the nitrate?

I have a hammock supporting the euretha so luckily he said that seems fine, can't imagine if I was feeling that...I would really freak! although the stool softner and prune juice has kept my BM regular I did notice that when bleeding began cuz I had none on thurs after seeing him and then friday when I had a BM it started again, and I totally don't push, I put my feet up on stool and just let whatever comes out even if it feel like more could come, I do not push it.. OMG can you believe the conversations we have on here..too funny and so personal but we are all in the same boat with the body functions. LOL
Hey You,
The Friday before last I had the same thing happen to me. Started gushing blood, went to the Dr. right away and he put silver nitrate on the incision. It stopped the bleeding for a day or so and then I would start bleedling again. I think the one thing that has helped me is everytime I start to bleed I go and lay down. The bleeding would slow down a lot. I went back to the Dr. this last Thursday and again I was bleeding, he put more silver nitrate on my incision and told me that my body is rejecting the stiches . He gave me vanginal antibiotics because there is a infecition brewing in there and told me to take it easy. Another thing that I learned was being constipated is REALLY BAD for the internal incision. I have been taking stool softners and drinking prune juice almost everyday and still got contsitpated. He said that pressure from the bowels that are laying on the incision could cause you to bleed more, and he gave me a script for a Mirlax. If you continue to bleed over the weekend I would call him and let him know what is going on. I have a question to ask you, It is way "TMI," but I need to ask! Do you have any tissue coming out down there????? Everytime he puts siver nitrate on the incision , this yucky tissue comes out.. I hope and pray that you are doing better. You need to be laying down and taking it very easy.....
God Bless,
Tara[/quote]
Unread 08-19-2006, 01:10 PM

Did you have an abdominal hysterectomy? I had a vaginal. I did not have silver flecks come out , just tissue and blood mixed together.(At least that is what I think it is!)
Unread 08-19-2006, 02:50 PM

Ya, I had abdominal. sounds like yours is the normal pelvic stuff cleaning out at least from what I have read on here.
Let me know what your doc says.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register