Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017 - Page 62 | Hysterectomy Recovery Reports | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

Unread 09-22-2017, 08:21 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

[quote=Tanyadkck;1527319433]Here is the link. My incision is horizontal so this is a bit different but I believe the procedure is more or less....

thx! I will look it up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2017, 05:06 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Aug 14-Aug 20,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanyadkck View Post
Hi ladies!

Had my post op check up and I am happy to say that all went well. Dr is very happy and ALL restrictions have been lifted. Yay! Internal stitches have dissolved and histology is clear. Had a mild case of cervicitis and where your uterus would be the size of an egg mine was the size of an orange. Glad I can start moving forward.

Internal exam was uncomfortable but not painful. Dr also did a sonar and there are no bumps or any fluid build up etc.

So as soon as we got home hubby couldn't wait anymore lol. Did it twice lol. First time was a bit uncomfortable for me but second time was all good. Even though my mind was also all over the place. No bleeding or anything.
So, so happy for you! I bet you are so glad you had the surgery. And it sounds like you have a great doctor. Definitely a day worth celebrating! And great news on the sex front. Your success is so reassuring for those of us still waiting for clearance and sexy time.
Unread 09-22-2017, 05:15 PM

Well, ladies, I did it! First week back to work, and it was a mostly full week, and successful. I overdid it a bit this morning, though. We have a day treatment program for adults with serious mental illness, and the director called in sick. Then the person who normally covers for the director called in sick. And all the other backup staff except one person were out of the office for a training. The last person had an appointment with a client this morning, so while I was waiting for her to get to the office, I helped get everything ready for the day. This included opening a deep freeze door to gather supplies for lunch. Did ya'll know deep freeze doors are HEAVY? Ugh. Woops. The next time I asked for help, but it didn't change the fact that the damage had been done. I was also hustling around at usual speed (I've realized through this that I am a very active person - I walk fast, sit down and stand up multiple times because I'm always forgetting things, etc.). I sat at my desk with my ice pack for a while, and that helped. But I'm still smarting from it. I did go home early today, and now I have the weekend to rest up, so that's good.

I'm so anxious to see my doctor on Tuesday. This appt is with my PCP, not the robotic surgeon. I love my PCP. I just hope she can give me some answers and doesn't just refer me back to the surgeon or my previous gyn. I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I'm ready to have sex, but I want to be ready. I want to want it, if that makes sense. My husband and I... well, let's just say, we really like each other. So this has been hard.

Question: I finished the antibiotic Wednesday. While taking it, my vaginal discharge decreased to pretty much nothing. Now, it's back, and it's kind of thick and white. No foul smell. I'll mention it to my doctor, but wanted to see what other ladies were experiencing.
Unread 09-22-2017, 07:38 PM

I am STILL slightly leaving traces of pink. I find this... annoying...
My abdominal area has been very sore this week. It wasn't until [u]today[u] that I figured out why. My kids had a cold. I caught it, but it was much milder for me. But I kept sneezing. And I am not hauling around a pillow all day, so OUCH! Now I grab something and cling. Dumb cold...
My 6 week in on Thursday. can we magically make this pink stuff go away?
Unread 09-22-2017, 07:44 PM

So my 6 week has now changed into 8 week check up..boooo. My doctor is extremely booked up. I just want to know if I am healing ok or not. Hubby is driving me batty. This recent poking twinging shooting pain is making me a little concerned.

My coworker who had same surgery didn’t become pain free till a year after surgery. Everything I describe is what she went thru.
Unread 09-22-2017, 08:10 PM

Oh Tanya, I am sorry. I make my appointments really far in advance. My doc fills up fast too. Hang on Sister. We are here with you.
Unread 09-22-2017, 09:47 PM

Today I feel like I turned the corner to getting back to a more normal feeling! This is the day I've felt the least amount of pain or discomfort yet. I'm still having a few crampy type feelings this evening, but nothing like what I have been. I drove my chiropractor's office today too. (about a 30 minute drive) it's been an overall good day! Really hoping this is more of things to come.
It's great to see the updates today. Tanya0525, sorry your appointment got pushed out. I hope you told them you had a new pain. If not, call and try to see if you can get seen sooner. Hopefully it's just a pesky stitch.
Tanyadkck, I hope we all have a positive experience when we get to have sex again! I'm a bit nervous and hubby is having difficulties, but we only have a few ore days to wait! Praying it goes well!
Have a great weekend ladies! Remember to still take it easy!

Almost forgot to add that I started taking black cohosh yesterday for the hot flashes. It's crazy, but I think they have improved in that short amount of time. Still there, but a bit less. Really hoping this helps, I need some rest and the night sweats are taking toll on my sleeping.
Unread 09-23-2017, 06:22 AM

Got the all clear to return to work on Monday. It was my second post op appt, the first was at 4wks, this one was at 6wks. Dr. was willing to give an additional week and I would've taken it but all out of sick time. However, all seems well - gets better each day. I feel very little pain just pangs every once in a while which Dr. says will last for a while. No need for meds. The area directly above the incision is also still numb which Dr. says will last for a very long time as the nerves recover. Although I've been busy on the computer I feel lethargic and heavy because I haven't been moving around like I'm used to so I plan to begin light exercise. The crazy thing I've experienced is the PMS symptoms before what should've been the beginning of my cycle! Sore breasts and cravings mainly. After a few days I checked my calendar and realized that I was within the time frame. All the symptoms but no period, so weird!

Well, back to work on Monday, have to walk a lot, take the bus and train and a bit worried about getting tired like I've read some sisters have experienced so gonna try to leave really early and take my time. Keep you posted. Thankful for your stories.
Unread 09-23-2017, 10:09 AM

I was recovering slowly and I found out why. I have a ruptured low back disc at L5 pressing on the sacral nerve. I will be seeing the neurosurgeon in 2 months. My pain is minimal now and mostly in the perineum where they did a lot of work to restore the separation between the rectum and vagina. The pinched nerve is affecting my strength in my hip muscles. I don't have the severe pain or bladder issues that I had just after surgery.
Unread 09-23-2017, 07:57 PM

sweet ladies!

It's been a few days since I have last posted, since it's been so crazy here!!
Between work and my daughter's car accident papers and shopping for a new (well, used) car....

anyhow, I am glad to be back online.

Let's talk about peeing and leaking and the tape or sling:

I used to have to go to the bathroom between 15 and 18 times a day. Sometimes, I had a sudden urge to go and may have leaked when running to the bathroom. Sometimes, I leaked without cause. And then I started leaking during sex. Not pleasant.
Now things are much better. I still go to the bathroom more than other family members, but the leakage has stopped.
However: There definitely still is that feeling of not emptying completely and having to go again soon after just going. Also the ache when peeing, kind of up there. My surgeon checked and said it wasn't where the sling was. Hm. So what is it, I asked. He said that is was likely still swelling inside, even after months and months.

But I go to the bathroom at least once a night, which is more than before surgery. Before my surgery, I had to go maybe once a night, but not always. Not it's once or even twice a night. But then again I heard that it may have to do with swelling and that when horizontal, our lymphatic fluids get transported out via urine.

My advice is: Hang in there. Give it time. And I have a new normal for a while, only then to be surprised when things improve again and I have yet another new normal.
(I hope I am making sense?).
I hope that all of you feel as much relief as I do after my surgery (surgeries). And that you will accept that your bodies are still healing.

Sending you much love tonight,

xoxo ,
LIV

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register