Did anyone else watch Dr Oz today? - Page 5 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone else watch Dr Oz today? Did anyone else watch Dr Oz today?

Unread 07-31-2010, 07:07 AM
Re: Did anyone else watch Dr Oz today?

Done!! I even recommend that they share this website with the lady in tears in the audience and the young mom who was trying to come up with a solution to her fibroids!
I was calm and cool, wrote a very polite letter, just said I wished they would have shared the positive side as there are many!

I feel better now! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2010, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysterinjune View Post
Done!! I even recommend that they share this website with the lady in tears in the audience and the young mom who was trying to come up with a solution to her fibroids!
I was calm and cool, wrote a very polite letter, just said I wished they would have shared the positive side as there are many!

I feel better now! lol
You go girl!! Hey is there any way to watch this online? If so could maybe someone could send a link.
Unread 07-31-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc1000 View Post
Dr. Oz has probably never had to clean menstrual blood of the floor of his bathroom stall. I didn't see the show but I knew going in that other things could be tried first. Knowing someone whose ablation was screwed up and knowing I could easily end up with the hysterectomy anyway I decided to just do the hysterectomy and be done with the whole mess. My issues started recently but with a vengeance. Bleeding constantly, blowing through heavy duty tampon and a pad in an hour then into the bathroom to try to remove the mess with getting on the bathroom floor! At work I might add. Fibroids! Had to wear a pad into the OR.

TH.
Don't forget having to sleep with a towel under our bottoms...and then still have to get up and change the sheets due to the mess left from excessive bleeding!

I'm one who had a Novasure ablation, which failed! I bled for 6 weeks STRAIGHT, after the procedure in January! Then I stopped...FINALLY....for 2 months! Then the bleeding returned with a vengence! I took Progesterone for nearly a month, and that didn't work!

I'm a personal trainer, and the bleeding was affecting my job! Thankfully, I worked at Curves, with women, who had been in my shoes! So, when I had to run to the bathroom, every 20 minutes, they understood! But this was no way to live!

I feel satisfied with my decision to procede with the hyster. I tried several other things to "fix" the bleeding and cramps, and none work!

Oh, and the last thing...I found "strange" at the time....I, too, went into the OR wearing a pad, and those "sexy" stretchy panties! LOL!
I wore panti liners for about 2 weeks...even though I really didn't need them! Now, no bleeding! I'm SO thrilled!!!

Happy Healing, Sisters!
Unread 07-31-2010, 09:49 AM

Maybe he has stock in or the show is sponsored by Proctor and Gamble or the Kotex company. Just think of the money hysterectomies take out of their pockets!!!!
Unread 07-31-2010, 10:09 AM

United we stand!!! I wrote to the Dr. Oz show as well. Since his show began, he's had a few episodes talking about hysterectomy and ALL seemed one sided.

I don't watch "The Doctors", so I don't know how they present the topic.
Unread 07-31-2010, 11:40 AM

Let Dr Oz live with a uterus like mine or any of yours for more than 2 years. Maybe then he can comment on this. No one takes this decision lightly.
Unread 08-11-2010, 10:27 PM

I was waiting for info about prolapse problems as the reason to have a hyster. That was my problem, not fibroids. Felt like I gained nothing. Wish he had addressed prolapses. Glad I had the surgery.
Unread 08-12-2010, 01:47 AM

I too saw that episode -- the first day I was home after my hysterectomy. LOL What timing!
He did say a couple of times "There are times when a hysterectomy is the only/last choice." He also said that he was wanting everyone to know that there are choices. However, I still felt like those points were not clear enough and the topic was too much one sided. However, it was interesting for me to see that I did try all the "other choices" - even the herbal remedies and diet - and yet I still ended up wanting to have my hyst - and I don't regret it one bit! Life will be sooo much better now!! FREEDOM!!!! :-D

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register