PMDD ~ did I do the right thing? - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

PMDD ~ did I do the right thing? PMDD ~ did I do the right thing?

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:56 AM
Re: PMDD ~ did I do the right thing?

You need to talk with a mental health professional. And your Dr...the hormones you are on could not be the right ones for you. Be patient with yourself, it will get better if you talk with your Dr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 11:02 AM

I have pmdd (pms with rages and being very irrational) and 12 years ago my gyno had me start Prozac. First, the 2 weeks prior to period, but after few months of getting the schedule mixed up I started full time. What a difference it made my life. It just keeps me on a normal level and am still taking the same dosage and it works for me. I have to say after my surgery I too felt the same feelings your having and I kept my ovaries. It lasted maybe the first 2 weeks. I just kept telling myself that it was just my body adjusting and tried to talk it out with husband, mom, and friends and of course my hystersisters. I remember being home the second day home from hospital and husband and daughter left for the day and I felt so alone and started going so far into the future and how I was going to be alone and my life didn't amount to much and etc.... Wow! Isnt funny how most of us dont think of the future as great, happy, and wonderful. But all that does pass. My doctor said if it continued, he could give me a little estrogen to get
by.?
Never had to call him. I feel for you with children to take care. It's hard, and when moms down, it's even harder. I have something that I tell myself that has helped a lot. If God brings me to it , he'll bring me thru it!
Hang in there,
Marion
Unread 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM
PMDD ~ did I do the right thing?

well its been 33 days sens i had everything out been sad and up and down the doctor decided to change my med for depressing and my other doctor said why know im trying to find the right hrt for her i feel like im cold and sad all the time in the mornings why i had the surgery for pm-dd i hope i get back on track well you lovely women take care and be true to your self we are all beautiful
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:39 PM

hi ladies i had pmdd and had surgery for that 5 weeks a go but i feel like im sad a lot whats going on iv been on cynbalta for 6 years after i had my little girl for post portum but my doctor wanted me to try zoloft been on that for a month but i don't like it so she put me back on the cynbalta to day was a better day but when i leave then come back home its like i don't wan't to be here whats going on will it get better it feels like im going threw the pmdd again but no pain and no bleeding im glad you guys are doing good

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register