Anyone like me? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone like me? Anyone like me?

Unread 11-17-2013, 04:17 PM
Anyone like me?

I am doing amazing! My surgery seems but a far distance away. I have been back to work since nine days post op( in and out as I felt better). The bladders spasms have stopped. I have no pain an very little swelling. My energy is back, and I hit the gym today. My husband and I have had sex, and all is wonderful in that department. I'm starting to feel back to my confident self. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Re: Anyone like me?

For me, the toughest part is the surgical menopause, due to the mood swings, etc., with some physical pelvic (esp. were cervix was) pain if I overdo things. Also, I had an appendectomy with other stuff, and that still hurts a little. I'm not allowed sex until week 9. But things are better than early weeks. You're only a week ahead of me, so I find you post very encouraging. Thanks! =)
Unread 11-17-2013, 04:35 PM

i did feel pretty good at 3 wks post op. then i had to start chemo. i did continue to feel decent at the end of each chemo cycle. then i started high dose radiation, that was tougher, and now i'm two wks past the last rads treatment, and trying to recover. even though there are some discomforts, i continued to be quite active, and played a lot of very competitive tennis all throughout starting 8 wks post surgery. i walked back on the tennis court after 4 wks post surgery, and started gently hitting with my tennis partner. i couldn't bend or run yet, but slowly but surely i regained my agility and strength.

Bottom line is, if it weren't for my cancer treatments, i probably would've felt amazing. as far as the sex, i was working on everything getting better, which it was. However, the internal radiation was something that stumped that process. If it weren't for that, the sex would've been pretty good. So yeah, if all goes well, it can be pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2013, 07:30 PM

I'll be 4 weeks tomorrow, no sex, no lifting, but I'm doing really well too. I'm back to work, energy is good, and I feel great, so far, without HRT. I'm excited, but a little nervous about sex, but it's good to hear positive experiences.
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:11 PM

I am doing great! Back to work just shy of 2 weeks post op with no problems at all. Energy levels were never affected, and I never even napped from day one. Having to constantly remind myself that I still have restrictions since I feel so good. Will be one month post op on Tuesday.
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:26 PM

Yes! It is awesome hearing people doing well. I hope there are others!
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:32 PM

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well! I love happy posts!!

I'm not quite there yet, my healing got complicated, and I ended up having a second surgery 2 weeks ago, but I look forward to being where you are at soon!

Hope things continue to go well for you! Thanks for sharing!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register