Two weeks post hysterectomy & BSO: Emotional mess | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks post hysterectomy & BSO: Emotional mess Two weeks post hysterectomy & BSO: Emotional mess

Unread 08-24-2016, 09:58 PM
Two weeks post hysterectomy & BSO: Emotional mess

Hi All

Im 2 weeks out since having a laparoscopic vaginal assisted hysterectomy. I had everything removed uterus, cervix, f tubes and ovaries. I had to have this surgery as my ovaries were diseased and adhered and I had bad endo. I have pretty much been on my own since I got home from hospital on day 5. It has been a lonely and painful experience. I stated out feeling positive but as time has progressed the pain has taken its toll. I am over my hufe swolken belly and the bone zappun tiredness. My emotions are all over the place. Im crying, sad and angry all in one day. My husband who is my best friend, has no empathy, sympathy or patience and says Im needy. He wont take time off work and has a lot of hobbies he wont stop going to most nights. A lot of friends who promised to visit/call have been too busy. It makes me feel very hurt and alone. I have been to see my GP as I realise Im depressed and need help. I cant talk to my husband as we are on the verge of breaking up. I am terribly dissapointed he has not been there for me. I should have known this would happen but hoped he would care. I cant change him but I find it hard to accept as I sm a very loving and caring person.

Sorry for being a sad sack, I needed to vent. Im glad this site is available as reading the stories has helped. Im going back to work in a few days, hope the routine will help. I hope everyone else is gettibg the TLC they need. May our recovery be swift and painless from here on.

Cheers, Firefly11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2016, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly11 View Post
Hi All

Im 2 weeks out since having a laparoscopic vaginal assisted hysterectomy. I had everything removed uterus, cervix, f tubes and ovaries. I had to have this surgery as my ovaries were diseased and adhered and I had bad endo. I have pretty much been on my own since I got home from hospital on day 5. It has been a lonely and painful experience. I stated out feeling positive but as time has progressed the pain has taken its toll. I am over my hufe swolken belly and the bone zappun tiredness. My emotions are all over the place. Im crying, sad and angry all in one day. My husband who is my best friend, has no empathy, sympathy or patience and says Im needy. He wont take time off work and has a lot of hobbies he wont stop going to most nights. A lot of friends who promised to visit/call have been too busy. It makes me feel very hurt and alone. I have been to see my GP as I realise Im depressed and need help. I cant talk to my husband as we are on the verge of breaking up. I am terribly dissapointed he has not been there for me. I should have known this would happen but hoped he would care. I cant change him but I find it hard to accept as I sm a very loving and caring person.

Sorry for being a sad sack, I needed to vent. Im glad this site is available as reading the stories has helped. Im going back to work in a few days, hope the routine will help. I hope everyone else is gettibg the TLC they need. May our recovery be swift and painless from here on.

Cheers, Firefly11
Hi firefly! I'm sorry you're having such a bad time. Good to keep up with your GP. I see we had our surgery on the same day. 2 weeks!!! I'm doing well, much better than I expected. I don't have any great advice for you- but remember that you are important! You are loved and supported here. Keep checking in here.
Unread 08-24-2016, 10:27 PM

You have every reason to feel like a sad sack! (I love that term) I'm 5 weeks out and still struggling - you are being such a trooper - this is absolutely the hardest surgery we've had... Not sure of your age, but everything came out of my body too... Instant menopause makes everything whack-o. It will get better, do take everything slow, pamper yourself - have food delivered and maybe reach out to friends that you haven't visited with for awhile... I've been binge watching Netflix - if you haven't watched Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries, I highly recommend!! I will be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers for a speedy recovery and unexpected hep and understanding! Chin up and virtual hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2016, 01:21 AM
Re: Emotional mess

Thanks Woodsy66 and Loonwatcher for your posts. I turned 44 on my second day in hospital so not the nicest gift. Thanks for your suggestions on chatting to friends and watching Netflix. I have done both and Im feeling better now.

My husband and I are trying to calmly discuss things and resolve soms issues. This is a good start.

Thanks for your kind words. Firefly11

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register