Sisters-going to the doctors tomorrow, need advice - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sisters-going to the doctors tomorrow, need advice Sisters-going to the doctors tomorrow, need advice

Unread 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM
Re: Sisters-going to the doctors tomorrow, need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiLynnM View Post
Thanks for the insight That doess help!!! Why did the nurse say I should be healed now?????????? I am on my couch I have the laptop, the tv, and the dogs. LOL. I feel like such a horrible momma too . I have 3 kids that see mom on the couch every day!!!! I know that I am being hard on myself but I am scared. I hurt more than I did before. My husband doesn't help matters either! He told me that I sleep too much!!!! The kick to that is he tells me to lay on the couch and read, watch tv, ect. Who won't fall asleep?
I second that statement!! Mine does it too. I feel useless, but i know i need time to heal. My Dr. threatened me with reconstructive surgery if i dont stop what i have been attempting to do... which isnt much just picking up toys and that, no sweeping and mopping.. I feel so crappy still and it dont help when "they" get tired of doing our job. i said just let it pile up i will get to it when i am better not a minute before!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2010, 04:04 PM

Dear Heidi,

I agree with everyone! You have to take care of you! I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow. I still have some aches and pains in my lower back and across my pelvic area. Sometimes I feel like something is stabbing me where my vagina is. Sometimes, the area under my belly button aches.

My house is getting pretty messy. My DH decided to do only what was necessary, so we have clean clothes and food. He cleans when he can.

The nurse was very creepy. It was not right of her to say you should be healed. All of our organs got shoved out of the way and they have to go back to where they were. We have cranky organs!! We all heal differently....if we were all the same things would be boring!!

Your dr and his staff are supposed to be there for you. That is what they are paid to do. I hope everything goes great for you tomorrow.
Unread 01-04-2010, 07:49 PM

Thanks everyone! I will update tomorrow after appt, it is later in the afternoon. I am kind of nervous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2010, 08:11 PM

After surgery I was very very tender around my clitoris. I wanted to just drip dry because it hurt toreally even touch that area. That took about two or three weeks to go away and I was real scared it wouldn't! I couldn't get down onthe floor and play with my cats and feared I would always hurt. I am at week six and finally am getting my endurance back. I have no hubby or kids to tucker me out. I had two weeks at Christmas with no cleaning or stuff that I had to do. I still have limited endurance. At four weeks, I went shopping for Christmas. After 2.5 hours I was totally wiped and hurt horribly. Last week I swept my car out--but I pooped out before I got that last seat done.

You need to decide what is best for you. If there isn't a medical reason for no pain medication, I'm sorry, but pain pills exist for a reason. Would you let him do the surgery on you if he didn't believe in anesthesia? Dont think so. Please go see another doctor. I had severe bloating and severe stomach pain when I tried using birth control. The birth control caused hot flashes and night sweats and depression too. If I had all your symptoms I would not let a doctor blow me off. (I would also assume, based upon my experience with bc that my hormones were way out of whack) I made the mistake of not seeking a second opinion and letting doctors tell me there's nothing wrong, no you don't want this or that. I have learned the hard way that if your doctor isn't solving your problem, as scary as it is, go to another doctor and keep going until you find one who will help or give you a referral to someone who might. hang in there. Be persistent and don't give up! Most importantly, IT'S NOT IN YOUR HEAD. <massive huggles>

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register