Bladder spasims | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder spasims Bladder spasims

Unread 01-04-2010, 05:38 PM
Bladder spasims

Just wondering if any of you are still experiencing them. I am almost seven wks now, how long do these last. Just wondering what pain you all experience. TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Re: Bladder spasims

I'm 4weeks along and I still have them from time to time. Not nearly as bad as the first two weeks though. I have been using cranberry tabs. and drinking lots of water.
Unread 01-05-2010, 06:27 AM

Thanks! Can I ask what yours feels like? Before, during, or after or all the above?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2010, 06:48 AM

The cranberry tabs have lessened the frequency of the urg to go. The spasms are still there but not every time I go. Sometimes it is just a crampy feeling. Others it is like I need to go but can't. I have had a hard time starting to go when needed. And at other times I scream and have to stand up, wait a minute and then try again. There is a constant pressure ache almost like another UTI but not as bad. I did get a uti after surgery and eventually had to have a cath put back in to give my bladder a break and antibiotics. My doc said that a bruised bladder is very common and to just give it more time. Easily said when it is not YOU in pain. Over time they have lessened in frequency and intensity thank goodness. I have found that a warm squirt bottle also helps at times. Just apply when you start to go. Not really sure why it helps but it does. I also LIVE with a heating pad on my stomach. Hope that helps and you get better soon.
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:11 AM

I had a Radical Hysterectomy in October. Off and on from about 4 weeks to 8 weeks post-op I was having bladder soreness. It would feel like I had a UTI and it felt like I constantly had the urgency to pee. Mine came from swelling from overdoing it. I was feeling much better and of course was up and going more, and just over did it. I found after slowing back down and making sure I rested several times a day (yes even up to 8 weeks) the pain went away and hasn't been back! Good luck with your recovery.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register