crying, sore breasts.. UGH.. sorry | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

crying,  sore breasts.. UGH.. sorry crying, sore breasts.. UGH.. sorry

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:22 AM
crying, sore breasts.. UGH.. sorry

Hi everyone, I am one week and one day post op... Last night I could not sleep.. I have been having trouble at nite. staying asleep. but last nite I could not fall asleep, All I wanted to do is cry.. I had to keep walking the house to check on my DS and DD. I wanted to wake them so I could just hold them. (teenagers). My Dh Kept asking me why I was crying and I had no idea.. Just awful.. My belly still hurts my lower back is awful.. now it seems that my breasts are sore sore, it hurts to shower.... AHHH> I feel awful all around.. Is this all normal?? Any advice how i feel better?
thak you so much.. I would be lost with with out this site and all of your help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Re: crying, sore breasts.. UGH.. sorry

Did you have your Ovaries removed? If so the crying could be your hormone changes from surgical menopause.
Unread 01-05-2010, 08:51 AM

No I was lucky enough to be able to keep my ovaries..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2010, 08:57 AM

I'm sorry I just saw your note about kept Ovaries. I would say it could depend on the reason for your hysterectomy too. Such as if it was for Cancer it could make you more emotional (It did me). I did notice some mood swings after my hysterectomy (and I kept my ovaries too). I've always been a happy person, very rarely am ever in a bad mood. But after my surgery I noticed some days I would bite people's heads off for no reason, and then be happy as a lark the next, and almost in a panic attack the next.

About the breast pain I actually just went to my GYN yesterday about having breast pain. I've been having it for about 6 weeks now (I'm 3 months post-op), it would get so bad I couldn't stand my kids to even lay on my chest. My GYN told me that since I have been on Birth Control for years and just finally went off after my surgery that it's my hormones. My ovaries are actually working now, and are ovulating which causes hormone changes and breast soreness.
Unread 01-05-2010, 09:02 AM

Thank you.. How do you know when your ovaries are working again? I havent been on birth control in many years.. i had abnormal bleeding and cramping... periods that would last 3 weeks.. Lost so much blood i couldnt get out of bed for days at a time. this is rough... i am miserable..How can I tell when the ovaries are working again?
Unread 01-05-2010, 09:07 AM

Well mine weren't working b/c of being on the pill. But if you haven't been on it for years then yours have been working on their own. The way i knew that i have been ovulating is because I actually have small cramps (never had them when I was on the pill) about the same time every month, and experience the worst breast pain about a week before the cramps occur.
Unread 01-05-2010, 11:23 AM

ohhh. That stinks.. Mine havent realy hurt like this in many years. I was just wondering if it was normal.. my dh was teasing me because i hhave been rubbing them. ( told him farthest thing from my mind).. my belly is really swollen to.. I guess I am not having a good time with this .. I feel awful.... Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with me and answer my questions.. I am pretty scared still I guess. And feel rather lonely about this whole thing.. So thank you so much... How many weeks till you felt more like your self? any more good advice?
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:12 PM

Well everything you're feeling is to be expected. You've JUST had surgery, and a BIG surgery at that. I felt VERY tired and didn't do much for the first 2 weeks Post-Op. But then I started to feel better and began doing more around the house, and I overdid it. I began to have bladder soreness and vaginal aching. I think around 8-9 weeks Post-Op is when i began regaining my normal energy again. What kind of Hysterectomy did you have?
I had a Radical Abdominal Hysterectomy, that came with a 6-7 inch vertical incision..which I wasn't happy about at first...BUT it beats leaving the cancer which was beginning in my cervix.
Some advice I could give you would include TAKE IT EASY!!! As my best friend told me " LIVE LIKE A PRINCESS FOR 6 WEEKS!!!" Make an effort to lay down or recline when you can, because even sitting puts added pressure on your bottom that you dont' need. DO NOT LIFT, and this includes scooting furniture with your hips and butt (which I did and found out it wasn't a good idea). This is your time to sit back and recover...I repeat BE A PRINCESS!!!
Unread 01-05-2010, 12:31 PM

OH and you're VERY welcome! I'm more than happy to talk about it, I have found it really helps ease the worry.
Good luck with your recovery & praying you have a quick one!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register