6 weeks post op tomorrow - pain and swelling still | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post op tomorrow - pain and swelling still 6 weeks post op tomorrow - pain and swelling still

Unread 09-04-2011, 02:34 PM
6 weeks post op tomorrow - pain and swelling still

I have pain - primarily on the right side but tummy in general. It's a burning pain and occasionally my vagina aches. I'm looking at my tummy right now and it looks quite swollen.

Here's the deal - I think I've been doing too much with the emphasis on bending and lifting...the no-no..s.

I'm a little nervous that I've created damage - I'm icing my tummy, taking ibuprofen and trying to rest.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Re: 6 weeks post op tomorrow - pain and swelling still

Call your doctor
Unread 09-04-2011, 05:56 PM

ok - thank you. I was just in the shower considering if that might be a good idea - even if everything is just fine it will ease my mind. Thanks for responding and giving me that push.

I'm afraid I'm not a very good patient - or patience...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2011, 06:03 PM

I'm six weeks also and still have a fair amount of pain and swelly belly too. I went out for a couple hours yesterday and was so sore when I got home. Whenever I laughed suddenly there was a sharp stabbing pain. Now I'm just achy and my tummy looks a couple months pregnant. I've been assured by my doc that I'm fine and I'm sure you are too, but always best to check with your doctor and ease your mind. Listen to the "little voice inside you". :-)
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:11 PM

thanks "sugarandspice"...that helps
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:13 PM

How embarrassing...I'm 7 weeks post op tomorrow. Maybe I should be worried about losing track of a week!
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tettel View Post
How embarrassing...I'm 7 weeks post op tomorrow. Maybe I should be worried about losing track of a week!
It's easy to lose track when one day is just like the next! Feel better soon :-)
Unread 09-04-2011, 06:45 PM

I am almost 5 weeks post op and have pretty much the same pain. Pulling on both sides, cramping and exhaustion. It still hurts all day pretty much. The pain is less than a week ago I think. My back is especially sore. I was told I was a slow healer, lovely. I am calling my doctor Tuesday because I want her to check me. Sort of a reality check. I want an exam, I want her to tell me this is al OK.
Unread 09-05-2011, 03:27 AM

Hi. I am 5 weeks post op on Wed, my return to work day. I felt I was recovering great but have had a bit of cramping, pulling and twitching pains the past few days. I have been moving around more and doing light housework. I didn't realize how
uch I was bending over until hubby got cranky at me today for doing so. I am still tired alot too and going back to work is intimidating. I saw Dr last week for my first post op. He asked how my "waterworks" were (I had bladder surgery along with the TVH) and if I had any discharge or fever. I had no problems and assume that these are the signs to watch out for. All we can do is continue to be kind to ourselves and take it one day at a time. I will call Dr though if I'm not feeling better by tomorrow, just to be safe. Hope this helps. I know I tend to feel better knowing that I'm not alone.
Unread 09-05-2011, 04:01 AM

Hi I am 6 weeks post op today and I am also feeling pain especially on my sides and back. It feels worse when I go out and do to much walking. My incision is still feeling sore and there is swelling most of the time. I still have a bit of scar tissue in the center of incision. I have an appointment to see my Dr. tomorrow. The last time I went to see my Dr. I was at 3 weeks and had scar tissue he removed it and cleaned it up. One day after, the incision got infected and I couldn't get in touch with the Dr. I had to call another Dr. and he prescribed antibiotics. I am a bit worried about the little bit of scar tissue still there and I am also feeling intimidated about going back to work. I'm not feeling well yet.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register