6 weeks post op tomorrow - pain and swelling still - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post op tomorrow - pain and swelling still 6 weeks post op tomorrow - pain and swelling still

Unread 09-05-2011, 04:29 AM
Re: 6 weeks post op tomorrow - pain and swelling still

For my 6 weeks I felt as though I was just a slow healer! Well during my follow up appt I found out that so was not the case. I ended up having another surgery for A LOT of scar tissue and well just about everything connected to each other and working its way through my vaginal cuff!!!! Please listen to your instincts and your body! If you feel that something is not right then call your doc and get an appt to see him/her!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2011, 04:54 AM

That's must have been terrible for you. Hope You are now on the road to recovery. After reading this I will definately check back in with Dr tomorrow. Did you have fever etc? Or is scar tissue a "silent" symptom? Can Other sisters please advise if sneezing terrifies them? I feel like I'm about to rip open my internal stitches/cuff when I sneeze. Everything is just more tender the past few days. And I was very emotional and cried unexpectedly last night. The joys of recovery :-)
Unread 09-05-2011, 04:55 AM

Thank you Heather, I do have an appointment tomorrow. I sure hope that the bit of scar tissue I have left in the middle of incision is nothing serious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2011, 05:10 AM

I didn't have fever. I was seen by the Dr. and he removed some of the scar tissue. This was on the 3rd week but after that the incision and surroundings were very red and swollen. I also felt very sore and a lot of pain. I am now in my 6th week as of today and I still have a bit of the scar tissue in the middle part of incision. I feel a bit sore at times and pain on the sides. I had my right ovary removed but the left one is still there. I figured the right side pain is probably from the ovary being removed but then why the pain on the left side? Anyway it is good to go see your Dr. I also took antibiotics on my 3rd week for infection on incision.
Unread 09-05-2011, 05:15 AM

I forgot to mention sneezing and coughing is very painful. Yes it is a feeling like if everything is going to come apart. I am 6 weeks post op and it is still uncomfortable but it gets better.
Unread 09-05-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkig View Post
That's must have been terrible for you. Hope You are now on the road to recovery. After reading this I will definately check back in with Dr tomorrow. Did you have fever etc? Or is scar tissue a "silent" symptom? Can Other sisters please advise if sneezing terrifies them? I feel like I'm about to rip open my internal stitches/cuff when I sneeze. Everything is just more tender the past few days. And I was very emotional and cried unexpectedly last night. The joys of recovery :-)
I do feel better on the inside then I did from my hyster. No fever for me, but from what I can gather scar tissue causes fever, cronic pain, an some other symtoms. There is nothing that can be done to keep this from happening! My other parts (bladder, bowel, tubes and ovaries) were either attached to each other or with scar tissue connecting them. My doc said that when I sneezed or coughed or even moved the wrong way is how the stuff started to go through my cuff.
Oh this time around EVERYTHING makes me cry!!!!! Even comercials on TV!!!!! I am hoping that this is just something else that I need to get through with recovery!
Please make sure that you talk to you doc about everything! When I went for my 6 week follow up my doc said that I should not be in any more pain! And when I told her that I was still taking pain meds and that ibruprophen was only taking the edge off she knew that something was wrong. (I also can not handle pain!! Of any kind!!!!)
Unread 09-05-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyneve View Post
I didn't have fever. I was seen by the Dr. and he removed some of the scar tissue. This was on the 3rd week but after that the incision and surroundings were very red and swollen. I also felt very sore and a lot of pain. I am now in my 6th week as of today and I still have a bit of the scar tissue in the middle part of incision. I feel a bit sore at times and pain on the sides. I had my right ovary removed but the left one is still there. I figured the right side pain is probably from the ovary being removed but then why the pain on the left side? Anyway it is good to go see your Dr. I also took antibiotics on my 3rd week for infection on incision.
I do hope that you will be able to make sure all is good at the DR's. I never had a fever, but pain, sore and pressure! I was also swollen (look liked 3-4 months pregnant!!!). It may not have to do with pain in ovaries, but scar tissue there! From what I understand scar tissue causes cronic pain. I thought that there was something up with my ovaries, but it was all scar tissue and everything being attached to everything!
Unread 09-05-2011, 05:34 AM

What did the Dr. do to see that the scar tissue was over your bladder, ovaries and bowel tube? I was actually going to ask my Dr. for a sonogram to see why I'm experiencing pain on my sides. Did you take antibiotics during recovery? The bit of scar tissue that I have in the middle of incision is this a sign that there may be some inside? I am sorry for all the questions. I have to go see my Doc tomorrow and when I mention that I am still having pain he will tell me that I shouldn't be having pain. Last time I was at his office I couldn't get up from the examining table and he told me that I should be getting up on my own this was at the 3rd week. I felt embarrased but then told him I guess I'm a slow recovering patient and I extended my hand so that he can help me up. Everyone's body is different but now I am a bit scared with this scar tissue remaining.
Unread 09-05-2011, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyneve View Post
What did the Dr. do to see that the scar tissue was over your bladder, ovaries and bowel tube? I was actually going to ask my Dr. for a sonogram to see why I'm experiencing pain on my sides. Did you take antibiotics during recovery? The bit of scar tissue that I have in the middle of incision is this a sign that there may be some inside? I am sorry for all the questions. I have to go see my Doc tomorrow and when I mention that I am still having pain he will tell me that I shouldn't be having pain. Last time I was at his office I couldn't get up from the examining table and he told me that I should be getting up on my own this was at the 3rd week. I felt embarrased but then told him I guess I'm a slow recovering patient and I extended my hand so that he can help me up. Everyone's body is different but now I am a bit scared with this scar tissue remaining.
Well it all started with my internal exam. She thought that it was just my fallopian tube made its way through my cuff. It was normal for the next step to be a biopsy to be sure, but I put my foot down and said well if there is another surgery in my future then just do it. The surgery was suppose to be laproscopically (sp). It started that way and when my doc was in there she saw all the scar tissue and then went in through my incision. I was not on any meds but pain meds.
Your doc should be concerned that you are still in pain. My doc is wonderful!!!!!!!! She listens to everything I have to say and will make sure that I am not in any pain. I am surprised that your doc did not say anything to you at your 3 week follow up. I hope that your doc listens to you tomorrow. I do hope that there is a reason for your pain. I had said to my doc (before she did the internal) that I feel like a baby! Is all this pain in my head?!?!? When she was done with the internal she said no the pain is not in your head. When she came to see me after the surgery she said No the pain was definately NOT in my head!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-05-2011, 06:05 AM

Heather did you go right into surgery after that Dr. visit? Did they have to give you the general anesthesia and all? I hope that you are doing a lot better now. It is hard because before the TAH we go through pain, heavy periods, discomfort well the works and then after the TAH it is a whole lot of other stuff to go through and hope that everything goes well in the process of recovery. Well I won't bother you any further today. Happy Labor Day. I hope you can have a relaxing day. Thank you for your response you have been very helpful.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register