Husband asked me a question last night. | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Husband asked me a question last night. Husband asked me a question last night.

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:13 AM
Husband asked me a question last night.

Hubby asked me last night.........."Do you feel empty now"

I said "Not at all actually"

Honestly, I feel the same as before my surgery, being 3 1/2 weeks post op. It's NOT a bad feeling, just not any different. I don't feel like I've had anything "removed".

Maybe its just me or it might be because I do have some swelling, which is becoming a nuisance, but I don't feel any difference inside my tummy. I figured I would feel a little hollow/lighter in there since my uterus was sooo huge.

lol, now I'm wondering...............did my doc really remove my uterus. I did see pics. hehehe

Do any of you ladies feel empty, hollow, lighter or the same on the inside, excluding any soreness/pain ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:36 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Mileena View Post
Hubby asked me last night.........."Do you feel empty now"

I said "Not at all actually"

Honestly, I feel the same as before my surgery, being 3 1/2 weeks post op. It's NOT a bad feeling, just not any different. I don't feel like I've had anything "removed".

Maybe its just me or it might be because I do have some swelling, which is becoming a nuisance, but I don't feel any difference inside my tummy. I figured I would feel a little hollow/lighter in there since my uterus was sooo huge.

lol, now I'm wondering...............did my doc really remove my uterus. I did see pics. hehehe

Do any of you ladies feel empty, hollow, lighter or the same on the inside, excluding any soreness/pain ?
You know what, I have the same thoughts. I'm excited because I won't have that huge uterus in the way and my middle will now be smaller. I mourned losing my womb before surgery and afterwards I wondered "what happens in that space. There isn't much left in there. Does everything have more space to function better". I just look forward to looking better. HUGS to you...
  #3  
Unread 09-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

You know, I'm sitting here thinking.........

I see some saying 3 weeks post op, they feel like a different person, in a GREAT way.

I still feel the same, emotionally. I don't feel better or worse. I thought I'd feel better, especially since I'm not taking BC pills now. They made me feel horrible for so many years, but I had to take them.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, just thought I'd see/feel a difference by now.

hummmm, interesting thought. I'm sure I'll feel great in a few more weeks/months, hopefully when the BC pills are completely out of my system.

Of course, when I get back to working out is when I'll feel great. That is kinda depressing not being able to work out like I was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Unread 09-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Mileena View Post
You know, I'm sitting here thinking.........

I see some saying 3 weeks post op, they feel like a different person, in a GREAT way.

I still feel the same, emotionally. I don't feel better or worse. I thought I'd feel better, especially since I'm not taking BC pills now. They made me feel horrible for so many years, but I had to take them.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, just thought I'd see/feel a difference by now.

hummmm, interesting thought. I'm sure I'll feel great in a few more weeks/months, hopefully when the BC pills are completely out of my system.

Of course, when I get back to working out is when I'll feel great. That is kinda depressing not being able to work out like I was.
I feel fortunate that throughout my lifetime I never took meds for an extended period of time. I tried BCP's but stopped after a couple of years. That was in my early 20's. The next time I can remember taking any prescription meds was the Lupron Depot and it's binder for the three months along with iron pills. Even now, I haven't taken any pain meds more than once since surgery. All I've ever taken were vitamins and herbs to cleanse my body. So I understand your eagerness to be free of chemicals. The exercise is vital. In some small way I'm sure you're exercising. To get back to the full swing of our routines haunts most of us these days. What I feel bad about is there are some who don't exercise. the older I get, the more I get moving. HUGS to you...
  #5  
Unread 09-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

*hugs back*
  #6  
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

I definitely feel lighter but I had a uterine prolapse which is basically my uterus was lterally falling out of me. I felt my uterus between my legs as the day wore on it got lower and lower so for me I feel a lot lighter.
  #7  
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

I definitely feel an emptiness.
  #8  
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

When I am laying on my back, I rub my 5" abdominal incision, and I feel an empty spot where everything used to be. I don't miss it, it just feels strange. I, too, had a prolapse-everything! I do not miss that grapefruit sized bulge between my legs at all! My quality of life has been given back to me, and I thank God every day! I mourn what I lost-it was part of me for 59 years!-but I am excited about the rest of my life! Wishing you all the best, sisters!
  #9  
Unread 09-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

It is all in the way you choose to look at it, a positive way(lighter) a negative way (emptier) It is not your insides that make you who you are. They are parts of you yes but they do not determine who you are.
  #10  
Unread 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie123 View Post
It is all in the way you choose to look at it, a positive way(lighter) a negative way (emptier) It is not your insides that make you who you are. They are parts of you yes but they do not determine who you are.

Perhaps it's not a matter of positive or negative. I still feel like myself but there is an emptiness. There are many factors in our lives that play a part in how we feel about going through this surgery and recovery. I prefer to not pass judgment, because we all have different experiences.
Reply

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
4 Replies, Last Reply 01-04-2010, Started By sheepladyinWA
5 Replies, Last Reply 06-11-2009, Started By Stickers
3 Replies, Last Reply 06-23-2005, Started By doublehorse
2 Replies, Last Reply 08-06-2004, Started By Kirbs111
15 Replies, Last Reply 07-10-2004, Started By karriholewa
90 Replies, Last Reply 02-02-2004, Started By JenTyl1
7 Replies, Last Reply 12-05-2003, Started By WendyJ
7 Replies, Last Reply 07-07-2003, Started By sgm
3 Replies, Last Reply 04-13-2003, Started By lbl27
40 Replies, Last Reply 05-21-2002, Started By Lisa1745
13 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
22 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
7 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
2 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
29 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
9 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
41 Replies, Aching Hearts
4 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)
3 Replies, Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

October 22,2017

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


$vbulletin->featuredvideos is not an array!
Advertisement


Advertisement