Husband asked me a question last night. - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Husband asked me a question last night. Husband asked me a question last night.

Unread 09-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Re: Husband asked me a question last night.

Physically, my lower abdominal feels and looks the same (except for the 5 little scars). I would have thought that after taking out a large uterus, a 10 cm fibroid, with another large fibroid hiding behind it, and a medium sized fibroid as well, that my stomach would have looked flatter!!! My denim shorts all fit exactly the same. UGH!!! I do feel a little lighter, like I'm not being dragged down...and not as much pressure. I don't feel like anything at all is missing...I guess all the other organs and intestines just filled everything in...Mentally, I'm glad it's all out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2011, 11:41 AM

Just trying to stay positive did not mean to pass judgement, sorry if you took it the wrong way. I know this is a difficult surgery for us all but staying positive may help our recovery.
Unread 09-07-2011, 11:56 AM

I've done the "press my hand to my belly" to see if I could tell any difference. Not really - I have a lighter feeling in the belly somewhat. I can tell my ovaries are missing, but they were so full of cysts that they were bigger than lemons.

I was watching a discovery health show the other day where they had to do abdominal surgery on someone and the amount of intestines is amazing - so I like to think mine now have a bit more room in there. Perhaps this will help in the future with constipation issues?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2011, 12:05 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking my other organs now have the room they should have now.

You'd think the constipation would cease since there is more room.

I do know my BM's are different. I can't seem to "hold" it for long.

Now, if I get that urge, I need to go right then and not just wonder if its gas

It use to be more like, everything got to my rectum and would just stop.
Unread 09-07-2011, 12:33 PM

I'm feeling the same way, Mileena. 5-month-size uterus gone, and after 3 weeks and 2 days, my clothes fit the same way they did before surgery, although I do sense that my lower abdominal cavity feels lighter. I thought my upper abdominal area would be flatter than it is because things that were getting shoved upward would return to their usual place, but I think that swelly-belly is still crowding them upward. As the day goes on, my bra gets tight. Yesterday I did too much walking, so today I'm taking the day off.

It's odd; I actually weigh 11 lbs less than I did the morning of surgery. It just doesn't feel that way.
Unread 09-07-2011, 02:02 PM

I don't feel any different. Today is the first day I've felt discomfort internally, I've been having mostly incision pain. I've also been pretty lucky in that I haven't been too weepy (yet). I hope I stay this way!!
Unread 09-07-2011, 02:39 PM

I feel pretty much the same.....
Unread 09-07-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovetheOcean View Post
I feel pretty much the same.....

I see you're in NC, too - hi neighbor.

Well, here we are, in the same boat. You know how waiting for our hysters was so hard? Now we're waiting again, and without a set date.

anyone?
Unread 09-07-2011, 03:37 PM

I do feel a sense of emptiness as well. It's weird to me that the source of the horror show that my cycle was is gone. I made a rule for myself that I couldn't make any major life decisions while I was PMSing because I was truly not myself. My period literally ruled my life... every holiday, vacation and important function... there it was.
I think it will really sink in when I haven't had a period in a couple months but right now I just want to feel better.
Unread 09-07-2011, 04:56 PM

I feel lighter and thinner. Doing the happy dance because I will never again have my period and those awful cramps. Also have more energy since I am no longer anemic.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register