Trip to ER - Vaginosis? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trip to ER - Vaginosis? Trip to ER - Vaginosis?

Unread 05-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Trip to ER - Vaginosis?

I went to the ER today for what I thought (was hoping) was a yeast infection. ER doc looked up in my vagina but said he couldn't see anything. He also took swabs and said there were no cells so for lack of anything better, he said I have "Bacterial Vaginosis" and gave me a script. I'll try again tomorrow to get in to see my gyn.

While there, unbeknownst to me, they gave me pills to treat chlamydia and a shot for gonorrea. I thought they were meds to treat my problem. How humiliating! After 33 years of marriage that someone would treat me for an std is quite embarrassing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Re: Trip to ER - Vaginosis?

I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 05-06-2012, 04:05 PM

I don't have an std Joni. It's something to do with my hysterectomy. The ER says they automatically treat anyone with genital issues for std's. I told them about my hysterectomy so they knew.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2012, 04:10 PM

Wow ok! Really why would they treat you for something you don't have! Don't you love people! I hope your starting to feel better
Unread 05-06-2012, 04:42 PM

The way they explained it to me was that everyone who comes in with any genital/reproductive issues gets treated. It's just something they automatically do at this particular ER. It didn't matter that I recently had surgery or that I haven't had sex since my surgery.

Because they didn't know what was wrong, they told me to see my gyn as soon as possible which I will do tomorrow.
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:06 PM

If you are cleared for sex try using organic raw coconut oil as a lubricant.
One great side benefit of coconut oil is it cleared up my bacterial vaginosis naturally and within three days. It also cleared up my yeast infection and the extreme irritation and pain I had with intercourse which is why I tried it as a lubricant in the beginning.

Most of the lubricants we tried burned my tissues and were uncomfortable and messy. The coconut oil is a solid that melted in our hands before we applied it to each other and smelled great and was a good texture.

Coconut oil is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and clears up a lot. It has the good oil for cholesterol not the bad and taken internally it also helps with weight loss and thyroid function. It addresses a surprisingly large number of issues especially for women. You can use it inside and outside of a body. Amazing stuff! I use organic, raw.
Unread 05-06-2012, 05:48 PM

I wouldn't be too offended. The treatment for gonorrhea and chlamydia is simple antibiotics. It's just antibiotics and not a moral judgment on you. I promise.

BV is also a bacterial infection, but usually necessitates a different class of antibiotics to treat. BV is easy to spot since it causes a very bad odor. In fact it smells so bad that doctors often use what is called "The whiff test" to diagnose it.

I had extensive repairs and my doctor told me to expect a bad odor, itching, and yellowish discharge as I heal. He told me it was normal.

I hope your doctor tells you the same thing. And I wouldn't worry for another minute about them thinking you have an STD. Honestly.
Unread 05-06-2012, 06:29 PM

Hi Tracie,
I had a similar situation with what I thought was a yeast infection, but with burning when I peed, so I thought it might be a UTI. She agreed that it was probably a UTI, but there was a spot on my skin what was blistered and inflamed, so she needed to do a herpes test. I thought, NO WAY!!!! There is NO way that I, monogomous in marriage, could have herpes.

I was SO stressed until the test came back negative (which I knew it would). My husband was great through it all, but I never would have thought I would have to have the, "Honey, I had a herpes test today at the doctor" conversation. In the end, it all worked out, and I think my husband and I are closer due to the experience, but it was surprisingly humiliating, and I felt so dirty.

So sorry you had to deal with it, and I hope you're feeling better in no time!
Unread 05-06-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raincitysister View Post
If you are cleared for sex try using organic raw coconut oil as a lubricant.
One great side benefit of coconut oil is it cleared up my bacterial vaginosis naturally and within three days. It also cleared up my yeast infection and the extreme irritation and pain I had with intercourse which is why I tried it as a lubricant in the beginning.

Most of the lubricants we tried burned my tissues and were uncomfortable and messy. The coconut oil is a solid that melted in our hands before we applied it to each other and smelled great and was a good texture.

Coconut oil is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and clears up a lot. It has the good oil for cholesterol not the bad and taken internally it also helps with weight loss and thyroid function. It addresses a surprisingly large number of issues especially for women. You can use it inside and outside of a body. Amazing stuff! I use organic, raw.
What brand of coconut oil are you using? Love the idea of something natural! I looked on the Better Health site and they have all kinds. Want to make sure I get the right stuff, with out having to ask at the store

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register