Post-Op Comment about Hormones | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-Op Comment about Hormones Post-Op Comment about Hormones

Unread 11-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Post-Op Comment about Hormones

I had my hysterectomy on 11-8-13. It now feels like I have pregnancy and menopause symptoms at the same time. Nausea, chills, hot flashes, and night sweats. My ovaries were not removed. Has anybody dealt with this? I know my hormones are readjusting overall but I hope this gets better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Re: Post-Op Comment

I had one ovary left in and I had several days of hot flshes, chills, headaches, et..etc.. they are better now, but its different with everyone. I used a cold pack on my eyes and the back of my head and it helped.
Unread 11-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Re: Post-Op Comment

Ok, thank you very much for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2013, 12:43 PM
Re: Post-Op Comment about Hormones

Have my ovaries . I'm a month post op . Sometimes our ovaries go on strike / in shock and takes a bit to get back to normal . I have been going thru everything u mentioned .
Mention it at post op appt. dr can check ur hormone levels make sure ovaries are functioning
Unread 11-16-2013, 03:14 PM

Thank you I will check with my dr at my post op appt next week
Unread 11-17-2013, 03:22 PM

Hi there my surgery was 11-12 and I'm dealing with the same thing. Constant sweats ands then chills. I didn't have my ovaries taken out either so I'm so confused as to why I feel this way.
Unread 11-17-2013, 04:31 PM

tina,

the ovaries have 2 supplies of blood, the major supplier is the uterine artery which is cut to take out the uterus.. the second blood supply to the ovary is the ovarian artery, and it may take awhile for your body to adjust and the ovaries to wake up. if you get really hot try an ice pack on your head, or back of neck for a few mins.
Unread 11-17-2013, 04:44 PM

Ovaries removed with lowest dose possible estrogen. We're probably similar hormonally at this point in time, since it seems ovaries kept are usually in shock for a while. Yes, I have all those symptoms. Imagine my surprise when I started having bad chills. I'd expected only to be hot. Nobody told me there were shivers, too. Haha - live and learn, I guess. I have about seven layers going off and coming back on pretty much all the time.

For me, surgical menopause emotionally feels a lot like pregnancy ... as I'd imagine the hormones to be with triplets. It's apparently the varying levels that cause it as I'm trying to get the right dose of HRT which I'm assured will happen eventually ... your ovaries seem like they're giving you the same ride. Hopefully, after some time goes by they'll be back for business regularly. In the meantime, you're as sane as you can be considering the physical trauma your body has just undergone.
Unread 11-17-2013, 06:27 PM

Finding the website today has been my savior honestly. I had twins 4 years ago and remember going through the same thing. Horrible. I hope its the same and they wake up soon. Thank you guys so much for this info. Its so nice to read some out here are or have had the same reaction. This wasn't something I recall reading about.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register