TVH Overdid it...Yikes! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Overdid it...Yikes! Overdid it...Yikes!

Unread 11-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Overdid it...Yikes!

Hi all,

I'm new here. Just had a TVH with vaginal vault suspension on 11/4/2013. I fear I may have "hurt" myself yesterday, by getting in and out of a very high truck repeatedly. I went to the funeral of a family member about 30 miles away. I tried to take it easy, but it turned into a long day (10am-4pm), and today I'm in a good deal of pain. No bleeding, though. But have felt a little queasy off and on.

Additionally, I came down with a stupid cold about 4 days post-surgery. The coughing portion has been such a joy.

Anyone here have a similar experience? Were you "ok"? I'm just worried about messing up the vaginal vault suspension.

Taking it super-easy today, and just took a painkiller.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2013, 02:28 PM
Re: Overdid it...Yikes!

If you are concerned, give your doctor a call but it doesn't sound like you did anything that could cause physical harm. That being said, I am not a doctor and it is better to check with one. The pain is your body telling you that you did too much and you need to rest. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 11-16-2013, 02:39 PM

Thanks, Danni! I'm taking it super-easy today, and my painkiller is just now kicking in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2013, 02:56 PM

Sorry to hear it! I overdid it in the first few weeks too. My surgeon's office said to do what you are doing, and also keep an eye out for any extra bleeding, nausea/vomiting, fever, etc.
Unread 11-16-2013, 02:58 PM

Thanks, LadyInBlue! Appreciate the advice!
Unread 11-16-2013, 03:44 PM

Wow, I overdid it too, on day 11, and it took an extra several days to feel as good as I did on day 10. I guess this is how we learn what doctors mean when they say to "rest". Let's hope we both remember this important lesson and rest more thoroughly (smartly ) in the future.

Best of luck to you!
Unread 11-16-2013, 05:49 PM

Agreed, mkreugall! Lesson learned. Will be taking it much easier from now on! Have to remember that's what the 6 weeks off is for - to heal! Not to catch up on my "to-do" list!
Unread 11-17-2013, 12:08 PM

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences. I overdid it this mornings and am having some pain. Good to know what your doctors told you to look out for.
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:49 PM

I over did it as well....but more like going back to normal routine of being The woman of the house due to laziness on other people's part. And then having it suddenly hit me as I started bleeding. I was 2 weeks post LVH and had had zero bleeding since the day of surgery. I called my doctor and she said that women feel great if their procedure was not open....and they believe once the outside is healing.....they are great. Yet they forget all of the cutting and sewing and moving around the surgeons did inside. I was then instructed to go back to doing absolutely nothing for another week. It is so difficult to see my house fall apart and nothing get done. But I guess I need to count my blessings and know that all of these "to dos" will be here when I heal. And the more I over do it, the more things will pull and tear and make scar tissue. We are all women.....and we all think we can do it all. We have to remember it is time for you.....rest, heal, and be selfish! Good luck to all of you....
Unread 11-17-2013, 07:02 PM

"We have to remember it is time for you.....rest, heal, and be selfish! Good luck to all of you...."

Wise words, Amandalou! The housework will always be there. The time to heal correctly won't! Hope you are feeling better. Take good care of YOU!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register