LAVH I'm human again!! | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm human again!! I'm human again!!

Unread 11-16-2013, 08:23 PM
I'm human again!!

I'm 10 days post op and finally know that I made the right decision for ME. Hadnt been to gyno in 3 years, and was sure I needed an ablation... Long story short, after words like hyper this, and polyps, endo that, prolapse the other.. It was a no brainer. Booked the castle stay for a date two weeks out, then booked a trip for girls weekend in Florida. Had an absolute blast with my girls fri- mon, never had time to think about surgery..cleaned like a nesting woman Tuesday and in for surgery Wednesday morning 6am. Never had time to worry, research, question ... Knew what had to be done. I did vacillate on the keep vs remove the cervix thing. Said to Doc 30 minutes before surgery " if she looks like she's perky and 19 years old.. And winks at you.. Let her stay. Otherwise, use your professional judgement. Cervix went. Wasn't in a winking mood I guess. Back peddling, I did my "research" by asking 3 hyster sisters .. Friends, but not besties.. About their experiences.. "Walk in the park" was pretty much what I came away with.. Let me tell you... NOT for me. The GAS pain I experienced made natural childbirth (twice) kidney stones(4x) broken bones. Torn hip muscles, and gluteal medial muscle ( sustained at my wedding,walking off the dance floor) all look like a hang nail.. Never asked to do a prep, was offered and drank about a gallon of gingerale when I got to my room.. As I felt as though I'd been in the Sahara for months, pretty sure I chugged it till my eyeballs nearly popped. Pain was BAD. Begged for anything that would KNOCK me OUT.. Couldn't sit up, move, breath, or talk.. Ended up SNOWED on narcos. Dilaudid alleviated the pain, but I could only sleep on 4 minute intervals. 4. Not 3 not 5. I will say, during those 4minutes, I felt like it was HOURS.. Only to open my eyes, look at the clock, and realize only 4 minutes had elapsed. Happened about 30 times. Vicodin, on the other hand, made me Sleep!!! Didnt touch the pain.. But made me drool sleep. Car ride home the next day, nearly made me punch my supportive man in the head. Shouldn't have left. Pain not managed. Longggg story short..(right??) I took stool softeners, added miralax, added senna, for 4 days.. Stopped Narco..Till finally.. As the razor lined waste exited my body, and I screamed to Jesus.. The relief and healing began. Day 6. I slept all of day 7 and day 8 was a new world. I was anticipating some bad voodoo.. Still didnt leave the house.. No bad voodoo! Woke up today.. FABULOUS!!! Like a thousand pounds had been lifted from my shoulders (and bowels) drove my car, wiped a layer of filth from my kitchen, gently... I am ALIVE, better than ever.. My hints.. Bring your own heating pad to the hospital. It will be your best friend. Fold towels the long way, roll them up, put an elastic around them, keep one in any bathroom you may use, near your bed, couch/chair.. Coughing hurts. Use the towel roll ups as splints. Laughing hurts too. Stool softeners/ laxatives should be taken. Often. Bottom line. My experience was anything but a "walk in the park" but for the 3 women I paneled it was. BUT I would do it again tomorrow.. A little more prepared.. Because 9 days post op..my now discomfort, pales in comparison to the HELL I lived with for years. I wish you all a perverbial " walk in the park" !! 🙏❤👍
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Re: I'm human again!!

: :
Dawn' Im so happy to hear that you are felling good. Please be mindful to ease your way into things. It is very easy to overdo especially when we start feeling good. Remember to always listen to your body. I wish you continued success.

Unread 11-17-2013, 07:00 AM

Thank you! I am just sooo happy to be feeling so great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2013, 07:51 AM

Very entertaining post! Glad you are feeling so good!

Don't forget to keep taking it easy, for me I had a great day post op 9 days and thought it would be all uphill, but turned out to be a bit like a rollercoaster, and then ironically when the healing was well established, the fatigue hit.
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:37 AM

Truth be told.. I've been lurking around this site for about a week.. I'm a technological moron, so didnt want to post.. Well.. Last night I had 2 glasses of wine (fishbowl glass) for the first time .. So as I reread it.. I sounded a bit manic!! Today, I feel even better! But I will heed your advice and take it easy. As I lay in bed with my bestie (heating pad) and watch the 324th episode of law and order!!
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:22 AM

Truth be told.. I've been lurking around this site for about a week.. I'm a technological moron, so didnt want to post.. Well.. Last night I had 2 glasses of wine (fishbowl glass) for the first time .. So as I reread it.. I sounded a bit manic!! Today, I feel even better! But I will heed your advice and take it easy. As I lay in bed with my bestie (heating pad) and watch the 324th episode of law and order!!
Unread 11-17-2013, 02:25 PM

Dawn I loved your post!! And I'm glad you're feeling human again too!!
Take it easy and continue to get 100% better, girlfriend
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:21 PM

Lol!! Just realized I posted the same thing twice! Told ya I was a tech moron!!
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:32 PM

Dawn,
Glad you are feeling better. Your post made me laugh so hard as I am 3 weeks (tomorrow) post op and can relate to most of the things you experienced. My energy is still not quite what yours is. Take it easy and listen to your body and rest when it tells you to. Best wishes!
Unread 11-17-2013, 05:57 PM

So glad I could make you laugh! It is the best medicine.. Particularly in an otherwise scary and uncertain situation.. I keep saying.. " watch how prepared ill be for my NEXT hysterectomy!! It would be just like me to have 2 of these faulty suckers.. Glad you are healing.. It's not a race.. We each heal at our own pace.. But you're absolutely right about listening to your own body.. I do have a question for you.. I've read a lot about the "pulling, tugging in the lower abdomen.. As a normal feeling.. My pulling, tugging feeling seems to be where my overies are.. Is this normal? I know I still have them.. Not sure if I have my tubes.. Not sure if I really care. My post op is day before thanksgiving.. Will be a little like Xmas for me.. Will there be Fallopian tubes under the tree??? Jk. I liken any convo I had with my surgeon post op to the teacher on Charlie Brown.. Remember the wah whah whah voice?? I remember a couple of words, but have no clue what she said other than I left your overies.. Something about cysts somewhere.. Knew about the polyps.. I do remember her saying endometriosis..which floors me as I've often said I only need to look at a penis to get preggo.. I have 3 wonderful and beautiful children.. ALL were conceived while on one form of BC or another.. Sooo, I look forward to getting the scoop.. Tell me tugging in the ovary area is normal!!! Lie if you have to

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register