LAVH I'm human again!! - Page 2 | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm human again!! I'm human again!!

Unread 11-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Re: I'm human again!!

It's normal! Lol
I ordered a surgery report from the hospital because I don't know if I have tubes either. I do have my ovaries. I also am feeling as good as you. I am following the doctors orders and doing/not doing the appropriate things. My incision is slow healing but looks good today. It won't be making any magazine covers as best looking incision but that's ok. Today I drove to my weight watchers meeting, first time driving since surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2013, 06:16 PM

Glad you're feeling better!

Also, I hope you're doing something with that outstanding writing ability of yours. Well, not just now, as you're recovering -- but you're really a wonderful writer.
Unread 11-17-2013, 06:17 PM

I love the Charlie Brown teacher reference. My doctor also came in post op and woke me up from a drug induced sleep and said something about my uterus. I must have fallen asleep on him because I don't remember anything else. I had lots of pulling, pressure in my abdomen originally but in the last week the tugging/pressure moved and now seems to be where the ovaries are. I just assumed it was normal. At least you asked for a comparison hope you appointment goes well and enjoy whatever you find under the Christmas tree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-17-2013, 06:39 PM

Thank you ladies! I of course, think I'm a riot.. My DH, what does that actually stand for?? I've figured out its your partner.. But need I say which 2 words come to mind... I'm lol.. Perhaps I should change careers.. Sitting down? I'm a NURSE!!! Lmao.. But in my own defense.. A PSYCH nurse for the last decade plus... Another shocker!!! "Takes one to know one" comes to mind So, thank you for easing my mind on the ovary pain thing.. To you brave WW member.. How did it go?? Like a moron, I got on the scale about 3 days post op.. I gained 12 flipping pounds.. When I didn't poop right then and there, I should have known there'd be a problem.. Happy to report that 11 days later, I'm down those 12 and 2 more! Who knew! 100 bucks says my scale broke.. Again, that f/u appt will reveal all kinds of stuff!! And directly impact the amount of food I consume the following day! Gobble gobble

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register