SILS/LESS 6 days post hysterectomy: Does the 800mg Ibuprofen make anyone else feel weird at night? | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 days post hysterectomy: Does the 800mg Ibuprofen make anyone else feel weird at night? 6 days post hysterectomy: Does the 800mg Ibuprofen make anyone else feel weird at night?

Unread 08-24-2016, 12:38 AM
6 days post hysterectomy: Does the 800mg Ibuprofen make anyone else feel weird at night?

Hey, I hope everyone is hanging in there and healing easily and quickly...I have a question:
Does the 800mg Ibuprofen make anyone else feel weird at night? Increased pulse, etc? I took myself off the Percoset today (Day 6) and am thinking I should have lower dose of Ibuprofen. I also have asthma, and am having trouble sleeping. Any thoughts? Thanks and good healing vibes to you all, sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2016, 03:06 AM
Re: 6 days post hysterectomy: Does the 800mg Ibuprofen make anyone else feel weird at night?

I've not heard of ibuprofen causing a faster heartbeat. One thing you could do is ask this question of your pharmacist. Pharmacists sometimes know more about the side effects of prescription drugs. I hope you get the answers you are seeking.
Unread 08-24-2016, 03:21 AM
Re: 6 days post hysterectomy: Does the 800mg Ibuprofen make anyone else feel weird at night?

Hi, I am experiencing foggy head at times after my medication. When I feel that way I rest even take a nap.

How did you know you were ready to stop taking meds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2016, 03:37 AM

I took 800 mg ibrophrophen post op. I did not take any narcotics after surgery. I took the 800 mg a couple times, then I reduced it to 400 mg, then 200 mg. By my 2 week Dr appt I had been off ibrophrophen for a few days. I did have a set back week after Dr appt, week 2-3 & I took 200 mg as needed.

Since you have asthma, feel uncomfortable after taking it & increased pulse, I suggest you contact your Dr..
Unread 08-24-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes and Ears View Post
Hi, I am experiencing foggy head at times after my medication. When I feel that way I rest even take a nap.

Eyes and Ears, are you taking a narcotic pain med such as Percocet, Vicodin or Norco? A narcotic could certainly have the effect you're describing.

I was already off narcotics by the time I left the hospital three days after surgery. My first week home I took 400 mg (OTC "extra strength") ibuprofen regularly because the twinges and soreness in my belly reminded me to take it. By the second week I was having fewer twinges and less soreness, so I tended to forget to take the ibuprofen and only took it occasionally. By the third week I stopped taking it because I didn't need it.
Unread 08-24-2016, 03:17 PM
6 days post hysterectomy: Does the 800mg Ibuprofen make anyone else feel weird at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes and Ears View Post

Hi! Well, apparently too soon. My nurse told me today that my body may be stressing because of pain and I'm having anxiety. So I'll start taking my 2.5mg/175 oxycodone/apap (half of a pill) at night so I can sleep. I cut my ibuprofen in half so I'm taking 400mg at a time to spread it out. I'm such a lightweight! I am just following my nurse's advice and trying to not to stress about anything at all...especially getting my house packed up and moving! My sweet love and best friend are coming to do it all, and my sister has been here from the start so I am very, very lucky. I hope you are healing easily and are having a wonderful day. Love!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register