TAH 4 weeks post hysterectomy: Pain in abdomen before bowel movement. | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 weeks post hysterectomy: Pain in abdomen before bowel movement. 4 weeks post hysterectomy: Pain in abdomen before bowel movement.

Unread 08-24-2016, 09:38 PM
4 weeks post hysterectomy: Pain in abdomen before bowel movement.

I am four weeks out of a tah and I literally have pains so bad right before a bowl movement I want to rip my stomach out . my stool is very soft and I go every day so constipation doesn't seem to be a problem. Also severe pain while passing gas as well I have had a bladder infection since surgery and I'm now my fifth round of antibiotics and still no change in that I have given up on my surgery doctor to help me so I'm going somewhere else please if anyone has any idea about what this pain is caused from please let me know thank you. Yelinda Serrato.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2016, 10:42 PM

I experienced that, I believe it's just the gas moving through your system. Everything in there is traumatized at the moment. For me it happened on and off for the first month, week 3 or 4 was the worst.
Unread 08-25-2016, 08:38 AM

Because you're taking antibiotics, those can upset the normal balance of bacteria inside your intestinal tract; a probiotic supplement, or regular servings of live culture yogurt, can help to restore it. What can also help with the gas, and to normalize your bowel function are regular walks, and peppermint tea. Also try supplementing your diet with magnesium, which promotes proper bowel function; food sources include leafy greens, whole grains, nuts and seeds, and dark chocolate. Also increase your intake of soluble fibre, which absorbs excess fluids, so your poop isn't so soft. Another trick I frequently recommend to promote pain-free bowel movements is to sit on the toilet with your knees drawn into your chest, and your feet elevated on a low stool; this straightens the rectum, so the poop can pass through without straining or pain. Also avoid gassy foods until things return to normal; that includes legumes, onions and garlic, cruciferous vegetables, cucumbers, melons, pears, and artificial sweeteners. Here's hoping you'll be back to 💩 soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2016, 11:57 AM

Thank you so much for all of your help.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register