Today is the worst I've felt... | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Today is the worst I've felt... Today is the worst I've felt...

Unread 08-25-2016, 09:58 AM
Today is the worst I've felt...

I'm 5 weeks post op tomorrow. I have felt all sorts of great through all of this recovery. No pain, no problems, been really simple. Well this week is my first week back to work. I didn't expect it to be a piece of cake but I didn't expect it to be miserable either. Well, I'm miserable. My back is killing me, I just want to find a corner and cry (not for any particular reason either). I have to stop at the store after work. I only need a couple of things but I feel so crappy, I asked my husband to go with. I have to say, 100% in his defense, he has been an amazing support and a God send through all of my recovery. But today, when I'm feeling lower than low, he says "oh can't you manage alone I don't know if I'll feel like going after work" Apparently he works, he is tired. Meanwhile I just come to this enormous building, make the lion's share of our income and just play bridge with the girls all day, I don't work, no, no, he does. I told him I probably could manage alone but I just don't want to. He acquiesced and said swing by the house to pick him up, he'll go with me. That should just be the answer. I feel miserable and just want some help. It will probably take us longer to drive to the store than we will be in the store and it is only 2 miles from our house. Even the BEST husband has his &*%*$^ moments and he is having his today I suppose. Right when I feel the worst I've felt in 5 weeks.

I hope you girls are feeling ok. I have heard others say that 4-6 week time frame is suddenly when even the best recovery has a sudden downswing. Well... let's hope this passes. Luckily he DOES work and is working Saturday. I'm going to stay in bed until 20 minutes before he comes home. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2016, 10:07 AM

I'm so sorry you're in a valley today. The recovery from this deal is just nuts ! It would be SO much easier if everyone we have to deal with would just understand !!! I think I ruined myself Yest. Stopped at the store after picking up kids from school , ( they're teenagers , left them in car , that was dumb #1) then went in with handbasket cuz it was only couple of things , totally under estimating the weight of 15 bananas , two small bags of rice two pkg of tortillas . I felt crazy pain / pulling walking with that to get to the celery , which was 10 yards away. Called my son whose in. The car , asked him to bring in a cart and meet me at the checkout !! I should've waited for him at the celery ! Omgosh !! I paid for this all the rest of Yest and today lotta pain too. Take care today , men are CLUELESS sometimes. Know that we care over here and are rooting for ya : )
Unread 08-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Re: Today is the worst I've felt...

Lisa, I know what you mean about not realizing how fast 15 pounds can add up. I've lifted a few things, like a laundry basket and found ruh roh, I maybe shouldn't lift this just yet. Healthy teenagers, drag them along for carrying! I hope it is getting better for you. These peaks and valleys and sudden surprises on weight lifting... it's crazy!!! Take an extra nap today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2016, 10:45 AM

I've never sat on my *** As much in my life !!! Thank u and uh.. Good luck with that " bridge game ". Ha ha u made me laugh .
Unread 08-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Re: Today is the worst I've felt...

Returning to work is often OUR wake up call that we're not fully recovered, even if we've been cleared. The fatigue and backache and stress, yep, been there-done that, and don't even have a flippin' t-shirt!

What I did those first two weeks back was take breaks at the office, sometimes lying down on the floor to take the load off my back, sometimes walking. Then at home, 30-45 minutes of the easy chair with a heating pad. And perhaps more lying on the floor doing my favorite back stretch of knees flopped to one side, both arms to the other. There wasn't a single time I didn't hear a nice "crack"!

This too shall pass. Continue resting after work.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register