One more Day | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-23-2002, 07:13 PM
One more Day

Today was the first time in about a week that I didn't feel like I was going to go crazy. I can't wait to get on line everynight and read all the new posts. 48 hours from now and it will all be over and I am so anxious and believe it or not, actually looking forward to it. No more peroids, no more ruined pants, no more pain..... But really most of that was because of all of you sisters. You made me feel normal and gave me hope for what is to come. Thank you all so much. My Dr says she is going to put an estrogen patch on me before I go into recovery? Has anyone had that and how did it work?

Mindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2002, 07:28 PM
One more Day

I woke up with the patch on. My DR likes pills better. But the hospital used the patch. Mine worked fine and I was not looking forward to changing to the pill. Only one slight breakdown. No night sweats, no yelling and I even quit smoking!!!! Good luck with your surgery. Hope all goes well. Don't forget a tummy pillow for the drive home.
Unread 09-23-2002, 07:32 PM
One more Day

Mindy,

Hey, you're even sounding a little excited! And you're right! White sheets, white shorts, white skirts, white panties...and no more pills, pain, or periods!

I've read many comments that the estrogen patch was put on in surgery, especially if you do not have endo. It seems to work really well. You have your own estrogen stored in your body that will deplete within time but this is added protection for menopausal symtoms.

Now I'm getting excited for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2002, 07:33 PM
One more Day

PS...... and don't forget the chap stick.
Unread 09-23-2002, 08:03 PM
One more Day

Hi Mindy,
Good Luck to you! Like you I was almost giddy up until "lights out" time. I think my mother was upset with me because I was joking (as is the norm) and smiling and not acting as grave as I should. I honestly have to say that it was exciting to think of the 'rewards' you mentioned. I had so many prayers going up for me that I was not afraid. All I could think of as I slid to the operating table was, "you know, I'm going to be really sore when I wake up!" lol!

At my pre-op visit my dr gave me a box of 2 Vivelle Dots with instructions to put one on after I showered the morning of my surgery. So far so good.

Oh, and the advice from Maralyn about the chap stick is a winner. I still have a slight scar just inside my upper lip from the dryness.

Take care! [font=arial][color=royalblue]
Unread 09-24-2002, 05:50 AM
One more Day

Thanks girls! I was up at 5 am today, couldn't sleep. Still very excited. Let you all know how it went as soon as I can. Thanks for all the prayers.
Mindy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register