Well, THIS doesn't help! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Well, THIS doesn't help! Well, THIS doesn't help!

Unread 11-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, THIS doesn't help!

I am scheduled for my hysto tomorrow...I assume! The original plan was an ablation, then my doctors and I decided that a complete hysto was the way to go. So, instead of an ablation tomorrow, I'm going to have the hysto done. HOWEVER...my doctor's office failed to call up the surgical floor and tell them the ablation was switched to a hysto and now the hospital still has me down for an outpatient tomorrow, even though the doctor says we're doing the hysto. It's 1PM, the hospital hasn't called me with instructions, I don't know what time to be there or what I'm supossed to be doing the day before to get ready. I tried calling the hospital this AM, they said I was still down for an ablation, I talked to my doctor...she said she was going to change that and her office people keep saying "don't worry" but ...Gee! That's a little hard. Any suggestions?? I don't know what to do now tomorrow morning everything is so screwed up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2004, 02:41 PM

Well, they finally called and said they had to move my surgery to Monday at noon because I have a bladder infection that I didn't know I had! GRRRRRRRRRR....I am SO upset!!! I was ready, my bag was packed, my husband went through hell trying to take time off for this over the weekend and my daughter even made plans to drive up from down south on Saturday and suprise me! This is SO upsetting.
Unread 11-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Well, THIS doesn't help!

Oh my goodness!!! I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster the day must have been for you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Well, THIS doesn't help!

I'm sorry you have had this happen. Mine too was in an uproar with finding out I have baldder issues they needed to check into. I also have a UTI so at least know your not alone. I will keep you in my prayers though that your nerves recover to as much normal ness as possible. Good luck!!
Unread 11-04-2004, 04:39 PM

Doctor just called. Now it's been changed to the 15th. I am crying and just can't face living like this another week. I was so excited about having it over tomorrow. By the 15th I should be having another period which means 3 days of sitting in the bathroom. I don't know how I'm going to do it.
Unread 11-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Well, THIS doesn't help!

I am soooooooo sorry this happened to you...........try to think positive and remember everything happens for a reason..........

Now, until you find that positive attitude.....go ahead and B^%^$ like hell cause you deserve it and it'll hopefully make you feel better.

HANG IN THERE.........
Unread 11-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Well, THIS doesn't help!

there must be a light within this somewhere - perhaps the extra time will be a blessing in another way before your surgery. Hang in there - & at least you won't have the worry about the confusion with hosptial vs dr records hysto/abla - etc as earlier - there is always a reason.
will say a prayer for you
Unread 11-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Well, THIS doesn't help!

s

I'm so, so sorry this is happening to you! There must be a reason....but it sure is tough playing the waiting game.

Take care! It will be here before you know it....

here's another
Unread 11-04-2004, 07:00 PM
Well, THIS doesn't help!

I had to suffer through another period before mine, too.
In fact, I had my period when they wheeled me into surgery, so I definitely know where you're coming from.

Try to look at the upside of it.
This isn't just another period. It's going to be your LAST one!
Unread 11-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Well, THIS doesn't help!

WE MUST HAVE THE SAME DR I WENT IN TUESDAY FOR PREOP AND THEY WERE TALKING TO AS IF I HAD ALREADY HAD THE SURGERY I HAD TO TELL THEM I WAS SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY WELL YESTERDAY I GET A CALL THE INS HAS NOT APPROVED MY HYSTER YET SO I HAVE TO WAIT TIL THE 18TH OF NOV SO I GET TO DO PROP AT THE HOSPITAL ALL OVER AGIN YEA WORK IS LOVING ME RIGHT. I HAD EVERYTHING SCHEDULED FOR 11-8 AND HAD TO REDO EVERYTHING CALL THE TEMP AGENCY AND RECHEDULE A GIRL FOR THE 18TH. IT JUST P!#%$ED ME OFF I HAVE BEEN COOKING AND CLEAN LIKE A MAD WOMAN AND NOW I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO START ALL OVER I AM LEAVING MY BAGS PACKED!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register