Slow Passion | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:32 AM
Slow Passion

Sisters,

My 5th week postop was yesterday and my doctor released me to all activities earlier in the week I had a total hysterectomy and was so excited to finally take a bubble bath!! I was apprehensive about making love and spoke openly with my dh about my anxiety. Last night we held each other and SLOWLY made love. I cried for two reasons; first that my husband of 25 years still found me physically attracted even with out my "parts," and secondly, I DID IT!! It felt like our first time and it was amazing. We took our time and I felt whole again!

I have one more week of recovery before returning to work and am looking forward to getting stronger and healthier with each new day.

I do have a quick question though . . . what's up with the backaches?? The more active I am, the more the back aches!! Any advice??

Love you all!
Nancy Jo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 06:54 AM
Slow Passion

That is so sweet....

I'm having a hard time facing the next 5 weeks of no intimacy - it's seems all of a sudden that DH looks soooo goood. I was watching him getting ready for work this morning and though.. OMG how will I survive!! lol

I don't know about the backaches... sorry
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Slow Passion

I have had backaches also, but attributed it to having to get back into the swing of normal activities. I'm at 7 weeks now, and am back to normal activites. That means lifting, housework, shopping, etc., all which stresses a back that has been resting and compensating for weak abs. I did alot of shopping on Tuesday, and by the end of the day my back was giving me a pretty good twinge getting in and out of the car. So far, taking a rest has relieved the aches and pains.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Slow Passion

NancyJo412... good for you! I'm still a week away and am worried and excited both at the same time! I find my back aches as I do more. Think about it... we've not done much of anything for more than a month! Our muscles have been on a holiday! LOL!
Unread 03-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Slow Passion

The doctor told me at my 4 week post op that my back was hurting from the extra work load it has with me not being able to use my tummy muscles.
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Slow Passion

yep I have been having backaches more and more everyday myself. I do find they have been going away with rest and a nice bubble bath,lol. I am worried kinda since I go back to work this sunday, on my feet for 10 hrs. a day!
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Slow Passion

Hi Nancy Jo
I'm so glad everything went well for you your first time. Taking your time seems to make a difference for most. That's just not something you can hurry yourself into. Talking out your concerns and making sure you are both understanding your needs calms the fears and makes for the warmth and tenderness we all desire, even if the 'event' isn't perfect right at first. Thank you for sharing.

I had the back aches too and found I needed to start doing some exercises to strengthen my abs. The back muscles are needing to compensate for the weakened abdominals and there is extra pull, especially as we are up and doing more.

I would begin slowly and try not to cause yourself pain, but you could try some crunches, just a few at first to see how you do. I found it fixed the back ache problem for me. In the meantime a good back rub works wonders.
's, Rita
Unread 03-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Slow Passion

Yes, after reading some horror stories I was terrified I would not have that "passion" I did before. Well, let's say it went nowhere!!! I also felt unattractive although nothing on the outside changed, I felt changed. But, thank goodness my dh made it clear that he felt the same, or even better now. I think alot of it was hormones re-adjusting and tweaking. The first time we tried to get intimate all we did was embrace and his belly hit my belly and I tugged my internal stitches. That was all for that night!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register