Feel like I'm driving ppl mad ... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feel like I'm driving ppl mad ... Feel like I'm driving ppl mad ...

Unread 02-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Feel like I'm driving ppl mad ...

Am just under 8 weeks way from a LAVH ( convinced they going to find alsorts inside when they go in! ) and think am driving my family and friends mad ! The LAVH is on my mind 24/7 and am constantly either in this site or looking things up ( I like to know what is going on in a strange kind of way!) . Dh dd is due a baby 4 days before my operation and him and her mum ( who is one of my best friends , knew each other when they were together and I was with my eldest dd dad... Very long story) are her birthing partners ( she has split from the dad and asked her dad to be there as thy are close) ! I have been her stepmom since she was 4 and she is now 19, we are close and get on great! Anyway the birth is 4 days before my op and I really know dh has to be there with her if the dates coincide ...( I've already arranged with my mum for her to come wih me if this happens) but I feel like in bein selfish in wanting my dh with me at some of the appointments... He can't come to my pre op either as he is at work that day! I don't think he understands the severity of the operation and although he will be at home to look after me I know after a week or so I will be gettin stressed with him and wanting to be up doing it myself and he will be getting fed up of doing things... Although I've read up in it and don't want to be back in theatre due to over doing it !! Sorry for the long post just feel like crying right now as feel I have no one at home to talk to as each time I mention something the subject with get changed , am I being selfish??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2013, 02:00 PM
Re: Feel like I'm driving ppl mad ...

Hi Sarah
I don't think you are being selfish at all. I too may be having an abdominal hyster the last week in April (it was for January but it had to be cancelled as I had a really bad chest infection).... and I am on this site a lot too, so glad I found it!!!
I know that I will benefit hugely post surgery once I am on the mend as I am sure you will too, but it is a very daunting time in a women's life.
I for now am trying not to think about it too much and am just generally keeping busy...
Hope you start to feel a bit better about it all soon...
Big hugs sent your way
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Re: Feel like I'm driving ppl mad ...

You do need to speak with him, there is also a section on this site about talking to friends and family about the OP, and a Mister Hystersisters section. It's hard to see the forest for the trees in these situations, maybe remind him how much you appreciate him being there for the birth "however".... Let him know your feelings.

Is there maybe someone else that can come to the pre OP with you? Perhaps if you can compromise on that he will compromise on some other things.

He may be feeling over whelmed about taking care of two of his loved ones at the same time? Is there any way you can have the OP date moved up so the two dates are not so close?
You do not need any additional stress going into surgery.

You also absolutely need to accept his help once you are home, your recovery is important and he probably really wants to help. Too many people on this site over do it during the first few weeks, and then suffer the consequences so to speak.

As for the reading on this site, keep doing it! We are/all were in the same boat, and everyone here will give you strength and encouragement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register