so many questions!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

so many questions!!!!! so many questions!!!!!

Unread 01-30-2006, 11:00 AM
so many questions!!!!!

i'm beginning to have so many questions. such as does your belly swell up and how bad is it and how long does it last? is it common to not be able to sleep and when does that finally go away? how much walking and moving around is safe? how likely is it that people develope blood clots? what can i do to prevent them? i know that these are questions that i can ask my dr. but i won't be seeing her for a few more weeks. these ?'s are making me sooooo nervous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2006, 12:45 PM
so many questions!!!!!

Hi haloha!
Your belly will most likely swell. How long it lasts depends on the person and how much you rest. It is common not to be able to sleep due to discomfort and possible night sweats. Walking is good. The first week you don't want to go far though. But going to get the mail with someone is o.k. Walking around helps prevent blood clots.
Your Dr. will give you a time table as to what you can and can't do.
I hope this helps a little for now.
All the Best,
Laurie
Unread 01-30-2006, 12:50 PM
so many questions!!!!!

If you check out the resourses here, most of your answers will be answered.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2006, 01:50 PM
so many questions!!!!!

The swelly belly seems to vary a lot for each of us!!! You'll almost certainly suffer at least a bit. I was able to sleep ok but it's common not to be able to sleep well after any surgery I think. Walking is good as it's the only exercise you can do for ages, slowly build it up. Just follow carefully any advice you're given and you'll be fine.
Unread 01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
so many questions!!!!!

Great questions!

Another place you can go to get answers to many of your questions is the Hysterectomy Checkpoints , where there are lots of resources for you at any stage of your recovery.

Also, our post-op articles help answer many post-op concerns, including this one on blood clots after surgery

Hope this helps!
Unread 01-30-2006, 08:20 PM
so many questions!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloha
i'm beginning to have so many questions. such as does your belly swell up and how bad is it and how long does it last? is it common to not be able to sleep and when does that finally go away? how much walking and moving around is safe? how likely is it that people develope blood clots? what can i do to prevent them? i know that these are questions that i can ask my dr. but i won't be seeing her for a few more weeks. these ?'s are making me sooooo nervous.
Hi haloha,
The checkpoints on the site will answer a lot of questions for you & if you continue to read the posts here you won't be so nervous. I think everyone is swelled...for myself I bought some drawstring pants 1 size larger than I wear and loose shirts to match. The swelly belly seems to be a sign of doing too much. If you're up & about too long your belly will swell & I understand that this can last up to a year. Your going to want to walk, this helps reduce the chance of blood clots & relieves gas pains. First week to the bathroom, maybe the mailbox...I would walk around the house...your Dr. will let you know with each appt. what you can do. I read that women that have TAH have less of a chance getting blood clots. Take care & educate yourself through this site you will feel more confident about your decision. Best wishes for an uneventful surgery & recovery.
God Bless
Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register