dealing with "other" pain the week before | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dealing with "other" pain the week before dealing with "other" pain the week before

Unread 12-07-2014, 06:31 PM
dealing with "other" pain the week before

Hi
I had my pre op and got the usual instructions about bowel prep and what meds to stop taking. The issue though, is that I have arthritis in my back and hips and had to stop the medicine for that pain. How have you coped with it if you had to do this? Now that the meds have pretty much left my system I just HURT! I have to work Monday and Tuesday, and then do bowel prep (fun) on Wednesday and I can hardly stand it already. Not even Tylenol for three days beforehand. Hurry up Thursday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Re: dealing with "other" pain the week before

I have arthritis in my knees and feet and suffer from migraines. I too had to stop all meds for 10 days before. It was terrible. I was told Tylenol was ok but it did nothing. I skipped any and all activities I could that involved stairs and walking. I can say after the surgery with all the good drugs, my aches were gone. Let the nurses know about your arthritis and they can make sure they hook you up with drugs for that too. It helped me to have to stay off my feet for the weeks after also. I feel your pain.
Unread 12-08-2014, 12:12 AM
dealing with "other" pain the week before

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdawn43 View Post
Hi
I had my pre op and got the usual instructions about bowel prep and what meds to stop taking. The issue though, is that I have arthritis in my back and hips and had to stop the medicine for that pain. How have you coped with it if you had to do this? Now that the meds have pretty much left my system I just HURT! I have to work Monday and Tuesday, and then do bowel prep (fun) on Wednesday and I can hardly stand it already. Not even Tylenol for three days beforehand. Hurry up Thursday!
Hi there,

I had to go off my methotrexate (been taking it for 10 years) and humira before the op (psoriatic arthritis). I haven't been feeling too stiff, so not too much of a problem. Moving around a lot has helped combat some of the stiffness. I've been taking nurofen on and off since the op to help with the arthritis because I can't go back on the methotrexate until next week. I'm a bit worried about going back on the methotrexate - don't want to take anything that might slow the healing process. Have you spoken to your Gyno about medication of any sort? Did you discuss strategies to overcome arthritic pain in the lead up to the op. I would make a call and find out if there is anything you can take to relieve the pain.
Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register