Possible UTI - who should I see? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Possible UTI - who should I see? Possible UTI - who should I see?

Unread 01-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Possible UTI - who should I see?

I think I might have a bladder infection. I haven't done the home test yet, but I have all the feelings I had with a nasty one 4 months ago. I'll be 9 weeks out from surgery on Monday. At this point, I think it is unlikely to have been a result of surgery?? I'm just not sure who I should see. I have an appointment already scheduled with my primary doctor on Tuesday for another matter. On the other hand, I'm not sure if this is something that should be dealt with by the GYN's office (he is also a urogynecologist and he is the one who treated the other infection).

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 01:06 PM

I got one at 7 weeks out, I am now 9 weeks out, and I just called my surgeon and she had me go to closest labcorp to do a urine test and when it came back positvie for a UTI she just called in an antibiotic. I did not have to go in and see her, I jsut had to do the lab test and they called it into her.
Unread 01-05-2008, 01:49 PM

you could see anyone for it...you'd just need a prescription. i dont think you should wait til tuesday though. its tough on the weekends to get
sick . is there a walk-in type of center near you so you dont have to use the ER for a bladder infection? or can you call either dr and see if they will call you in something? if you do the home test and its definitely positive, one of your docs might call you in a prescription without seeing you. i hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2008, 04:48 PM

I know I need to see one of them, just not sure which one is the better choice.

On the one hand, the my GYN did the TVH and handled the last bad UTI (that I didn't even know I had ). I read somewhere that if you develop 3 or more within a year, there might be some pelvic floor disorder that needs to be looked into. Since he is also a urogynecologist, that sort of falls into his realm anyway. I'm also not sure if this still falls into postsurgical problems since it will be 9 weeks tomorrow. I hate to bother the office for something so simple (I'm a big coward when it comes to calling the doctor's office). I do know the last time, he just simply diagnosed it on the spot because they always take a urine sample at every office visit, which means I probably wouldn't have to go to the lab.

The primary doc probably would have to send me to a lab. On the other hand, since I'm seeing him anyway on Tuesday, it wouldn't be such a big personal freak out for me. I'm there anyway. I just have never seen him for such a thing, so I'm not sure how it would be handled. Then I would probably have to have the info sent to the GYN anyway because this seems like something that crosses both practices.

Okay, I'm just a big chicken! I'm having an anxiety attack over having to make THAT call!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register