dVH/RALH I just had the worst Dr's appt, now what?? (very long!) - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just had the worst Dr's appt, now what?? (very long!) I just had the worst Dr's appt, now what?? (very long!)

Unread 09-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Re: I just had the worst Dr's appt, now what?? (very long!)

wow definitely find another doctor and you have every legal right to go to the hospital and ask for your report. I mean demand it. I would go to another doctor and have him/her check me out fully. I am so sorry you had to encounter that it is difficult enough. Take care. I wish you all the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-05-2011, 06:47 AM

reading this omg i feel for you and can you say report her to the medical board and have them check this out.. shame on her for treating you like she did i wanna go kick her butt for this.. you have every right as a patient to be heard and ask questions etc thats what we pay them for and not to be late or have excuse after excuse. hugs to you-shirley
Unread 09-05-2011, 09:51 AM

Undone, You report your complaint to your state medical board and the CEO of the hospital where your hysterectomy was performed. Your doctor was very unprofessional. You paid her for the post op visits and any complications that may occur (let's hope not) up to 90 days when she cut on you. That pathology report is yours and you can have a copy of it (and an explanation of what's in it).

Appearing in front of the state medical board is not pleasant. They have the power. The AMA has nothing to do with this situation. The AMA is basically a professional organization.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-06-2011, 06:50 PM

I agree, that is so horrible! I'm in tears just reading what you had to go through!!! Noone should have to go through that!
Unread 09-09-2011, 01:39 PM

I just read your post and I agree, she needs to be reported to the state board and your insurance company, telling the insurance company they should consider dropping her as a participating doctor. She actually sounds mentally unstable. Best of luck, and tell everyone word-of-mouth you can so they can avoid her like the plague. All the best... hugs And let you husband call her anyway to say "would you like to see my cell phone records?"
Unread 09-09-2011, 03:10 PM

Wow!

I think that is horrible and an inexcusable thing to do to a patient. I am sorry you had that experience. If she is through your insurance you need to file a formal written complaint against the doctor so it can be on record that she did this to you. I also agree you will need to file a grievance with the medical board.

Finally, Google and Yahoo have reviews on doctors so you can post and tell your experience online so other patients can be informed. She earned her bad review. I'm a teacher and if I did something crazy like that to her child she would have my head. So why should you or I or anybody accept that kind of behavior?

Take care and I hope you feel better under a different doctor.
Unread 09-09-2011, 06:27 PM

She is a royal jerk.
I would not even go to her again.
Call the hospital and get copies of your records of you can afford it.
If you can't at least get copies of your pathology report for your hysterectomy.
Go find another doctor. This one is not for you.

There are plenty of good ones out there that want your business.
What the insurance company pays and what she accepts as payment is her deal, not yours.

I agree that the insurance companies do not pay them all that much.
I just think that if they feel that way, they should not take it out on us.
They should politely decline the surgery and tell us why.

I think that my oncology surgeon got paid less than $2K for performing my surgery (it took over 5 hours for the surgery alone); he gets about $50.00 for each 15 minute office visit. He got $150.00 or $200.00 for the first consultation that took about 45 minutes to an hour.
Given that he has gone to college, on to medical school, then to OB/GYN specialty school, then to an oncology fellowship and then private practice, it doesn't seem like a whole lot of money. Geez, how many years is that???
Remember also there are student loans for their various medical schools, mal practice insurance, office and other costs.

I am a bit empathetic with my doctor as he is nice and helpful and has never treated me in the manner that yours did.

In return, I am pleasant, ask good questions, and bring him a tray of apples from Costco. He and his staff like that.

If what happened to you happened to me, I would drop her and find another doctor. I would study my hospital records to see if she had anything to fear.
"Anger comes from fear."
I am not sure what she is afraid of.
Unread 09-09-2011, 06:32 PM

I would also call the hospital patient advocacy office and report her.
Unread 09-09-2011, 07:09 PM

Well said Suziq! HUGS to you...
Unread 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM

Wow it makes me so sad to read what that awful doctor has done to you. She is not fit to practice. I'm so glad you are officially complaining about her. It seems like you have lots of advice now on how to complain. I'm from UK but now live in the US so I am still learning how everything works here. I am so blessed with my Gyni in Los Gatos, she is amazing. I hope your next doctor treats you like you deserve to be treat. Good Luck and (((((((hugs))))))

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register